Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:26:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Postage Stamps Go Up A Penny On Monday To 42 Cents
« previous next »
: [1]
: Postage Stamps Go Up A Penny On Monday To 42 Cents  ( 2378 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 10, 2008, 08:12:51 AM »

Seems like everything is going up, up and up.  Was up at Minors the other day and bought a package of English Muffins for a mere $2.59.  When Aaron rang it up, I said "What??"

Aaron said all bread products have gone up.  Was down at Steeple's the other day and a guy had just filled up his SUV and was walking towards the store just shaking his head and talking to himself.

In regards to postage stamps, the last time rates went up was in May 2007, when the price of a first-class stamp rose from 39 cents to 41 cents.

Come Monday, the cost of Forever stamps will rise along with the other stamps to 42 cents.  Remember when it cost 3 cents to mail a letter and you could go in and get a penny postcard?

Times are really getting tough, which I am sure is bound to effect businesses that cater to providing the extras in life.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: