Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:30:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No Local Stations On Dish Network Last Night
« previous next »
: [1]
: No Local Stations On Dish Network Last Night  ( 3604 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 13, 2008, 07:39:12 AM »

Now if you were planning to watch the Batchelor Finale last night or anything on the local channels and had Dish Network, you were greeted with a sign that told you "Don't Call Us, We Will Be Correcting The Problem As Soon As Possible."  I believe Dish Network local satellite went off the air shortly after 8 p.m.  I turned the TV off after the 11 p.m. news and it wasn't back up yet.

Fortunately we still have an antenna also, so we were able to watch Channel 22 and Channel 3.  We don't get Channel 5 or 44 with our Antenna.  This doesn't happen very often, for this long an outage.  In fact I don't believe it has ever happened before.  We do lose our signal in a heavy storm, but just usually for a short time.  This must have been a major problem on the local satellite - The other satellite stations were all fine, Too bad the Red Soxs weren't.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : May 13, 2008, 08:49:29 AM »

Hi All,

Got this note back from Channel 3 (A Fairfax Resident by the Way) regarding the outage on Dish Network:

Henry:

The problem last night with the locals on Dish Network was with Sprint, who is their fiber optic network provider.  The fiber optic circuit is how the local signals get from Burlington to the operations center in Cheyenne, WY.  I was told by the Dish folks this morning that there was maintenance related failure with the Sprint system.  Translated: someone was trying to fix or upgrade something, and broke something else.

I am a Fairfax resident as well, I enjoy your Pictures in the Fairfax news!

Regards,
Joe Tymecki

Joseph Tymecki
Chief Engineer
WCAX TV / DT / .com
802-652-6410 (tele)
802-652-6411 (fax)

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : May 13, 2008, 09:12:09 AM »

So who won the Batchelor Finale ?

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : May 13, 2008, 09:22:17 AM »

And the winner is:

You can actually watch the finale on Channel 22 by clicking on the following link:

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #4 : May 13, 2008, 11:48:31 AM »

They came back on in time for David Letterman because I was jumping around the dial, and watched him for a while.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: