Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 11:04:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  CHANGES CONTINUING WITHIN FAIRFAX DRB
« previous next »
: [1]
: CHANGES CONTINUING WITHIN FAIRFAX DRB  ( 3058 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 18, 2005, 06:24:39 PM »

The following article appeared in the April 18th issue of The St. Albans Messenger:

By LEE J. KAHRS - MESSENGER STAFF WRITER

FAIRFAX -- Reducing the number of Development Review Board members here has not stemmed the tide of turnover on the board.

DRB member Jim Nixon resigned from the board on April 11, less than two weeks after the selectboard officially removed two other DRB members due to infighting and complaints from residents.

The DRB only had six members and needed a seventh when chair Colleen Steen and longtime DRB member Barb Young were ousted by the selectboard earlier this month.  Then, at an April 4 meeting, the selectboard voted to reduce the DRB and the planning commission from seven members to five.  Lucien Hayes was then appointed to the DRB.

Now, with Nixon's resignation, the DRB is still down one member.  A public notice has gone out advertising the position.

At the April 11 selectboard meeting, DRB member Valerie Ugro informed the board that she has been elected as the new DRB chair.

The other DRB members are Jason Heyer and Lee Denizot.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: