Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 08:24:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Doug Webb At The Franklin County Maple Festival
« previous next »
: [1]
: Doug Webb At The Franklin County Maple Festival  ( 4032 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 25, 2005, 04:42:27 PM »

For many, many years a very common scene at The Franklin County Maple Festival, Doug & Nellie Webb were an intregal part of its organization and success.  The above photo was clipped from Sunday's edition of The Burlington Free Press.  Even though I scanned through every page in the edition I got, I was unable to find it.  Thanks to Suzy from Wyoming, who brought it to my attention.

This was indeed a very small photo, but I am sure you can tell who it is, carefully examing the samples of Vermont Maple Syrup this weekend.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : April 26, 2005, 06:35:51 AM »

Thanks for the photo of Doug Webb.  He is a great community member and has spent much of his life--besides working hard on his farm--giving back to the community in a variety of ways.  Wouldn't it be grand if we could have an intergenerational gathering of some sort so the newer families in town could meet the long time residents and hear about life in Fairfax when it was a small farming community!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 26, 2005, 07:27:58 AM »

The Fairfax Historical Society has a number of audio tapes of many of our old timers who were interviewed a number of years ago.  I will check with Larry Ward to see what the possibilities are for me to put these in a format that could be listened to on the Internet.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: