Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:28:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Light At A. W. Rich Funeral Home Is On For Sheila J. Barbour
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Light At A. W. Rich Funeral Home Is On For Sheila J. Barbour  ( 2112 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 15, 2008, 11:35:37 AM »

Sheila J. (Smyton) Barbour

Hyde Park - Sheila Jocelyn (Smyton) Barbour, 82 passed away on Wednesday June 11, 2008 at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington.  She was born on March 7, 1926 in Buffalo, NY daughter of the late Alexander and Emily (Cuffe) Smyton. 

Sheila was a loving mother, grandmother, sister and friend.  She had a huge heart and was always there to help anyone in need.  Sheila “adopted” many young men and women in the community who came to know her generosity and boundless love.  Sheila will always be remembered for her hugs!  She would always say, “I need all the hugs I can get to keep me going.”  Sheila was a Hospice volunteer for a number of years and it gave her a great sense of peace and comfort to be able to help her patients and their families deal with difficult times.  She enjoyed gardening and her jigsaw and word puzzles and loved to reminisce about her life.  She will be greatly missed by the many, many people who loved her dearly.  Godspeed Mom.

She is survived by her two daughters: Gail Barbour of Waterville and Kathy S. Cross of Waterville.  Two Sisters: Eleanor Smith and husband Wendell of CA and Patricia Henry and husband Dale of FL.  Three grandchildren:  Howard Rost IV, Allan Cross and Sabrina Cross, one great-grandchild Kelsey Cross.

She was also predeceased by her husband Allan in 1983, her son-in-law Gary Cross, her sister Kathleen SmytonaAnd her companion of many years Robert Fischer whom passed away on June 8, 2008.

There will be no public visiting hours as per Sheila’s request.  A memorial service for Sheila & Robert will be held at the A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel on Friday June 20, 2008 at 5:30 p.m. with the Reverend Elizabeth Griffin officiating.  A reception will be held on Saturday June 21, 2008 at 11:30 a.m. at Sterling View Senior Center in Hyde Park.  Memorial contributions in Sheila’s memory may be made to either The American Lung Association of VT 372 Hurricane Lane Suite 101 Williston, VT 05495 or to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital ATTN:  Tribute Program 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105-1942.  Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel 1176 Main St. Fairfax, VT 05454.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: