Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:31:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Light Is On At A. W. Rich Funeral Home For Orilla (Robtoy) Powell
« previous next »
: [1]
: Light Is On At A. W. Rich Funeral Home For Orilla (Robtoy) Powell  ( 2376 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 03, 2008, 07:38:29 PM »

Orilla R. (Robtoy) Powell

ESSEX CENTER — Orilla Roseanna (Robtoy) Powell, 90, a longtime resident of Essex, passed away in Starr Farm Nursing Home in Burlington on Saturday, Aug. 2, 2008. Orilla was born on Dec. 24, 1917, in Fletcher, daughter of the late Frank and Yvonne Robtoy. She attended schools in Fletcher and Jeffersonville and graduated from Cambridge High School. She had been a member of UMC in Essex Center, served as trustee of Essex Town Library and was a member of the Eastern Stars. For many years she owned Powell's Place Snack Bar in Essex Center. She enjoyed knitting with the legislative wives for community service, while her husband served as representative for many years. The family would like to give thanks to her loving caregivers who enabled Orilla to remain in her Essex Center home for several years. They also wish to thank the staff at Starr Farm Nursing Home. She is survived by her two sons, Martin “Duke“ Powell Jr. and wife, Janet of Williston, Bret Powell and wife, Barbara of Williston; her sister Irene Gover of Morrisville; six grandchildren, Shawn Powell and Shelly, Sarah Rogers and husband, Jason, Adam Hunt, Elizabeth Gottlieb and husband, Jeff, Katherine Powell, and John Powell; two great-grandchildren, Meredith Rogers, and Jonah Gottlieb; several nieces, nephews, and cousins. She was predeceased by her husband, Martin Powell Sr. in 1996; two brothers Oland Robtoy, and Roland Robtoy; two sisters, Albina Robtoy, and Edith Perry. Visiting hours will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 5, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the A. W. Rich Funeral Home — Fairfax Chapel. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 6, at 11 a.m. at the Essex United Methodist Church, Essex Center with the Rev-erend Ryon Price officiating. Burial will follow in the family lot in the Jeffersonville Village Cemetery — Jeffersonville. Contributions in Orilla's memory may be made to Essex Rescue, 1 Educational Drive, Essex Junction, VT 05452. Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home — Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main St., Fairfax, VT 05454.
« : August 04, 2008, 07:41:01 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: