Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:36:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Glad I'm Not The Only One Who Has Trouble With Change
« previous next »
: [1]
: Glad I'm Not The Only One Who Has Trouble With Change  ( 2063 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 08, 2008, 08:49:30 AM »

Hi All,

Noticed a friend of mine had a new John Deere Lawn Mower, so sent him an e-mail, to which he replied:

"Yes, we have a "Green Machine" that we got last fall.  However, I kept my "old & dear"  10-15 yr. old  Bolens just for security.  I haven't gotten used to the gas pedal & other little differences; but sure I will in time.  (change is not part of my vocabulary!!"

Well, a lot of us have problems with change.  Back in 1985, I bought my first John Deere Mower and it served me well for a little over 20 years.  My old one had an automatic transmission as does my new one, however, one slight difference, I push on the right for my speed and the left has my brake, unlike the old one where my brake was on the right foot.

Well, needless to say, I have run into the shed and over trees and plants when I attempted to stop by pressing on the speed side instead of the brake side.  I've had the mower a couple of years now and have to say, I have finally got to the point where I no longer hit the wrong pedal.  Don't know why they did that, but I guess lawn mowers don't have any protocol for how they place their pedals.

I remember a while back, Sally Wilkins Sweet was telling me about bringing her car to the garage and apparently she has her gas pedal on her car to the left of her brake.  Not sure if it was Cliff Ross or somebody else she said, went to stop when they went to drive it in the garage and was in for a big surprise.

Somebody once said "Change is Good."  Oh Well, Maybe.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: