Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 02:30:32 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Looks Like A Tower Being Constructed In Main Hill In The Village
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looks Like A Tower Being Constructed In Main Hill In The Village  ( 3001 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 13, 2008, 09:11:39 AM »

Well, I may have never noticed it before, but last night when I was driving down Main Hill, noticed what looked like the beginning of construction of a tower on the Verizon Switch Building.  It is on the back and just above the roof as of last night.  Has anybody else seen it??  Is it something that has been there for a while and I never noticed it??

I know if somebody is working on it and I go by, I certainly will be stopping and asking a few questions - I could start a lot of rumors here, but will leave my ideas to myself as to what it could be until I know if it is truly something new.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : August 14, 2008, 07:28:05 AM »

And the tower rose a little more yesterday again - Could this be a cell site??  Could it be a repeater for high speed Internet?? - I have heard nothing.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : September 05, 2008, 08:05:35 AM »

I attempted to check to see if any Public Meetings were being held with our Zoning Administrator - But none have.  Skip provided me with the following information on the project, which is still at a standstill as of yesterday when I went by:

"The tower being added to the side of the Fairpoint building on Main Street in the village is governed by Act 79, a recent Vermont State Statute, and it is exempt from local permit requirements under that statute if it meets certain dimensional limits, which it does.  There were no public hearings.  Fairpoint has stopped construction temporarily so it could address neighbor's concerns about radiation. A Fairpoint representative has told me that the tower will produce no more radiation than a Microwave in your kitchen, and it will be no taller than what is already there."

More information and comments with a photo located at the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=3696.0
« : September 05, 2008, 08:08:06 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : September 09, 2008, 07:59:28 AM »

I received the following note this morning regarding the Tower at The FairPoint Switch Building in Main Hill in the center of Fairfax:

Dear Mr. Raymond,

Thank you for contacting FairPoint Communications.

I wanted to take a moment to follow up with you regarding the email inquiry you submitted regarding the tower being installed in Fairfax, VT. The tower you are speaking of is so that wireless carriers (i.e. ATT Wireless, Verizon Wireless, etc.) can provide their services to their customers (I do not know which companies will be at the site). At this time, FairPoint is not participating in that type of industry.

Thank you for your time, and have a great day!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Jones
Executive Escalation Team
FairPoint Communications

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: