Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:19:33 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Thieves break into East Fairfield Community Center & Steal Food Shelf Food
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thieves break into East Fairfield Community Center & Steal Food Shelf Food  ( 2433 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 26, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »

Its a sign of the times I guess, when people break into a local food shelf and steal the food.  Charlie Tinker was interviewed  (photo below) by Fox 44 and said he goes over to East Fairfield and plays bingo at the Community Center and couldn't believe someone would do that.  Father Feltz expressed similar sentiments about the break-in at St. Anne's in Milton.

EAST FAIRFIELD -- State police are investigating a break-in this week at the East Fairfield Community Center on School Street.

Someone entered the building through a rear window and stole numerous items, including office and electronic items, a green children's wagon and grocery items, such as rice and oatmeal. The Community Center also houses a preschool and the local food shelf.

Police said the burglary likely happened some time Monday night or early Tuesday morning. Anyone with information should contact Senior Trooper MacCallum at 524-5993.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 27, 2008, 06:42:36 AM »

Thieves nearly empty a Vermont food shelf leaving very little food for the families who will be going to the shelf on Wednesday. There are normally 40 families that rely on the food shelf each month.

Those who run the community food shelf out of the East Fairfield Community Center are left with a bag of ice, jars of peanut butter and a few other items but say they will do their best to help anyone needing food.

The Chair of the Community Center Board, Steve Doe says the person or persons must have been desperate and that if they just asked, they could've had some food given to them. P

Police say the thieves broke in sometime between Monday night and early Tuesday morning by prying open a back window, breaking a lock, and kicking open a door leading to the food shelf. Computer equipment belonging to the community center and a child care center located in the building were also taken.

For years Charles Tinker has come to bingo at the community center and says he can't believe that anyone would steal from the center.

The East Fairfield Community Center is insured so some of the expenses from the items taken and the damage done may be covered.

The food shelf operates on money donated and raised through fundraisers, and Steve Doe says it may take two to three months to recoup the $550 worth of food that was stolen.

If you would like to make a donation you can do so by calling the community food shelf at 802-827-3130 or by mailing them a donation to:

Attn: East Fairfield Food Shelf

P.O. Box 16

East Fairfield, VT 05448

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: