Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:26:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Wondering if there's anyway we can donate our Extra Veggies to local families
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wondering if there's anyway we can donate our Extra Veggies to local families  ( 4694 )
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« : August 27, 2008, 09:59:14 AM »

As always, we've planted more than we can consume.  We're wondering fi there's any local charity or organization that distributes donated produce to local families in need.  We'll head to the food shelf in B-town if not, but thought we look to help our local neighbors first. 

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 27, 2008, 10:12:02 AM »

Hi Dan,

I believe if you contact Elizabeth Griffin Fred Griffin <fred@nensa.net> who has the local food shelf located in the basement of The United Church she can probably advise you on how to do this.  I know that there are certain days during the month that people come on a confidential basis and pick up food stuffs. 

Sounds like a great idea.  Other people may have some other suggestions also.

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : August 28, 2008, 07:31:08 AM »

What about donating them to the food shelf that was just robbed in East Fairfield?  Sounds like they could use some donations!
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : August 30, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »

Thank you, Henry, for giving the Food Shelf a plug, and thank you to the gentleman for offering to donate them!  However, my email is pastorliz@earthlink.net.  The other is my husband's.  And the Food Shelf is held at the United Church on the first two Wednesdays of the month from 9-12.
Rev. Elizabeth
SusieJ
: 14

« #4 : August 30, 2008, 03:25:22 PM »

Hi there;

My name is Susie Posner Jones and I am the Regional Community Partnership for Franklin & Grand Isle Counties, a coalition of health, human services & education organizations (under the United Way) -- I am currently working with Ethan Dezotelle, editor of the Courier, to form a Food Council for our region -- we are trying to link up the faith community & food shelves --along with others interested in making the most impact during these difficult times. I am collecting fresh garden veggies & fruit at the next Community Partnership meeting Wednesday --Sept 3rd. We are donating what we collect to area food shelves (including the ones already mentioned) -- Let me know if you'd like me to pick your veggies up from you..... and thanks for thinking to do this!!! We are trying to spread the word far and wide.............

Be well;
Susie
: [1]  
« previous next »
: