Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:35:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Never Realized That Students Needed Parking Permits At BFA
« previous next »
: [1]
: Never Realized That Students Needed Parking Permits At BFA  ( 2736 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 28, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »

Was reading Chris Santee's FranklinOne and saw where Parking for students is $50 this year with $10 back at the end of the year if you return your parking permit.

Our kids didn't drive to school, but don't remember parking permits back then, or at least prior to 1989.  That makes quite a sum of money, considering all the cars I see parked at the school.

Henry Raymond
stewarp
: 21

« #1 : September 01, 2008, 06:39:14 PM »

Students and staff have had parking permits the past couple of years.  Because of the increase in students driving and the need for supervision and the safety of the students, staff and school buses  entering and leaving the parking lots, it was decided to charge the students for a permit in order to defray the expense of hiring a parking attendant on a part time basis.  The number of vehicles entering the school area especially in the morning to park or drop off students has increased such that the School Board found it necessary to monitor the traffic and to control people parking in non parking areas and also as a reminder speed and attention to driving safely is necessary.  This program will be re-evaluated and may be expanded.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: