Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:31:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Jeff & Melissa Beerworth Pleasantly Surprised By An Abundance Of Plums
« previous next »
: [1]
: Jeff & Melissa Beerworth Pleasantly Surprised By An Abundance Of Plums  ( 4735 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 01, 2008, 12:36:08 PM »

The abundance of rain this past summer has left Jeff & Melissa Beerworth of The Buck Hollow Road with quite an abundance of plums, which they hadn't expected.  Melissa happened to run on to my web site, registered and posted a note. 

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=3784.0

I had met the young couple at Church, but when I found the house, realized that the lot they live on is one of the lots I purchased in the mid 1960s where I had planned to build a home, before my Dad offered me the lot I now live on.  Purchase price back then from Ken & Edith Ballard, who lived where Paul & Karen Langelier live was $100.  Dorothy Springs, who was the town clerk at that time met me at the home of Edith and Ken and we sat at the kitchen table where Dorothy wrote up the deed, I gave Edith & Ken $200 as I bought two lots side by side and it was a done deal.  My how times have changed over the years, as did the prices of lots.

Jeff and his daughter were relaxing on the lawn on this beautiful Labor Day when I drove up.  Jeff does have some ties to the area that go back a few years.  He is the nephew of Wendell & Stephanie Nolan who used to live on the Woods Hollow Road and were parishioners of St. Lukes here in Fairfax.

« : September 01, 2008, 12:38:13 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: