Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 02:28:21 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  St. Albans Restaurants???
« previous next »
: [1]
: St. Albans Restaurants???  ( 5160 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 10, 2008, 08:09:16 AM »

Well, we had plenty of time to visit yesterday and of course one of the subjects that happened to pop up was food - By the way we had no food or drink at the polls yesterday, but will try to delicately cover this topic after I have had a chance to think about what I want to say.

I was told that there were now practically no restaurants in St. Albans except for a few Chinese Restaurants & Jeff's Seafood, Pizzas and McDonalds & Burger King.  The Old Foundry is closed, Wendy's is closed, The 80s is closed, Mojo's is closed and I think a couple of other places were closed also.  All signs of the times I guess.

Along with a number of restaurant closings, quite a few new homeowners here in town have gone belly-up also.  I notice some signs up that say "Will build to suite."  Probably a safer way to go than to build in these times on speculation.  I know there there are a number of developments that apparently have all they permits in place, but just not starting to build.  Maybe the big campaign promises will come through in November.  I do see some houses and cellars going up in Village Green, but not sure who is doing that.  Good luck on selling them.

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #1 : September 10, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »

I guess you would still call it St Albans, but don't forget about Bayside pavilion down at the bay when i was in VT at the end of July spent a good amount of time there, food was good portions big, and very friendly, its been around a long time, I am sure there were quite a few from my school era 80-84 who spent some time there in the later 80's when it was just strictly a bar. new ownership turned it around, and made it very nice, the Owner is also something of an antique nut and has some very interesting pieces in the restaurant. Next time your in the area i would recommend checking it out.
« : September 10, 2008, 09:09:55 AM Henry »

Mark Teague
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : September 10, 2008, 09:25:23 AM »

Don't forget Ciao Bella - Italian Restuarant of Fine dining and spirits.  But wow, didn't know those other places had closed.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Mummy
: 280

« #3 : September 10, 2008, 11:52:26 AM »

We have been to Mimmo's which is located right on Main Street in St. Albans which is new and has  a good menu to offer.  Don't forget about the Abbey which is out of the way but it's near St. Albans.  Many folks in Fairfax forget about Angelia's Pizza/Retaurant in Cambridge.  It's not too far and they have a variety of food to choose on their menu ... especially homemade french fries.  AND Monday evenings is always buy-one-get-one-half-off night!  Remember to treat the sport team on Monday nights!
MikeF9
: 1994

« #4 : September 11, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »

WENDY'S IS CLOSED?!?!?!

Bummer.

There was supposed to be a Chicken Charlie's at the Highgate Shopping Center near the Chinese place. It was built but never opened.
In the summer, there's Warners Snack Bar, down past the Drive-In. It's not a fancy restaurant, but they have good food.

Wendy's is closed. Crap. They had good burgers.

I'm not sure how long the Georgia Farmhouse will stay open late into the fall.

We've had pizza from Angelina's. Good stuff.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
dearon
: 233

« #5 : September 11, 2008, 08:42:01 PM »

The Rock Restaurant was opened under new management about two years ago they are pretty good.
St. Albans seems to have a hard time getting and keeping any good restaurants. 
I prefer to go out less and go somewhere in Montreal;  only 90 minutes away and everything you could possibly want is right there!

There was a really good restaurant in Barre "Sean & Nora's" they closed last year.  That was too bad I really like that place.  Tried the Inn at Essex, I hated it I felt the food was horrible and way overpriced.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: