Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:37:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  That's Right - Its September 10th - Time For Frost Advisory
« previous next »
: [1]
: That's Right - Its September 10th - Time For Frost Advisory  ( 2252 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 10, 2008, 08:17:41 AM »

Back in the days when I raised a garden, I always planned to have anything subject to frost damage out of the garden by September 10th the average day of our first frost here at 473 Fletcher Road.  Well, I don't have a garden this year, but Guess What - :

A large area of Canadian high pressure will control our weather over the next couple of days.  That will bring lots of sunshine during the day, but it will be clear and chilly tonight.

A *FROST ADVISORY*

is in effect from Midnight to 9 AM Thursday for all of VT away from the Champlain Valley, and northern NH.  And  a *FREEZE WARNING* will be in effect for the Adirondacks and the higher elevations of Windham County.

A warm-up will begin on Thursday and continue through the end of the week into the weekend.  By Saturday and Sunday, high temperatures will be back in the 70s.

We could see a few showers on Friday, and also late Saturday into early Sunday.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: