Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 12:21:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Tunbridge Fair
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Tunbridge Fair  ( 2189 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 12, 2008, 06:47:17 PM »

Well, back when I was a kid, remember the old timers talking about the Tunbridge Fair.  Actually it was never very positive.  They used to say, you didn't need a ticket to get in as long as you had a pint on your hip and somebody else's wife on your arm.

Actually, it kind of left a lasting impression on me to the point when a few years ago, when Mike Cain mentioned that The Vermont Historical Society was having its Exhibition down at Tunbridge, I secretly had a few concerns as to just what I would find when I got there.  Although it was a real rainy day, found it to be a nice little place.

WPTZ Channel 5 has a nice piece on it as well as a video and I guess what I actually heard back when I was a kid, may truly have been what the Tunbridge Fair might have been back then.  One of the statements in the article says, it was a little rough back 30 years ago, but they have changed all that.

Click on the following link to read or watch the video about what it is like today:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: