Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:15:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  30 Officers Were Out In Franklin & Grand Isle Counties Last Night
« previous next »
: [1]
: 30 Officers Were Out In Franklin & Grand Isle Counties Last Night  ( 4298 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 26, 2008, 08:16:25 AM »

In a big blitz to try and curb crime in what has been identified as a high crime area (St. Albans), 30 officers from 9 organizations were out there last night in Franklin & Grand Isle Counties.    Apparently they stop people for small things like a tail light out, etc. and in the course of the stop sometimes find other things.  In one stop they said they found prescription drugs in the car with no prescription and it was in the vicinity where prescription drugs had been stolen.  Anything is worth a try I guess.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : September 26, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »

Just a matter of time before the "it was unconstitutional" arguments come out.  I have always said, if you are innocent why care.  It's the ones that get caught and are guilty that complain the most.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : September 26, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »

5 drug arrests made in Franklin Co. Thursday

On Thursday - from 6 p.m. to midnight - local, county, state and federal law enforcement officers conducted a motor vehicle enforcement detail in a continuing effort to reduce crime and traffic hazards in and around the St. Albans City area.

Results:

3 drunk drivers were arrested
3 arrests were made for possession of marijuana
1 arrest was made for possession of cocaine
1 arrest was made for possession of prescription drugs
103 vehicles were stopped
175 people were contacted
70 warnings were issued
10 speeding tickets were issued
4 tickets for Driving While License Suspended were issued
$2953.00 dollars in fines were issued

Participating agencies:

St. Albans City Police Department
Franklin County Sheriff’s Department
Grand Isle County Sheriff’s Department
Swanton Police Department
DMV Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
Vermont State Police
Probation and Parole
Department of Liquor Control
Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #3 : September 28, 2008, 07:04:07 AM »

Possession of a prescription drug?!  That a bit far reaching isn't it.  I wonder what they were really looking for??
mirjo
: 785

« #4 : September 30, 2008, 05:16:49 AM »

probably Rx drugs or any drugs. Rx narcotics fetch a nice price on the streets--about a $1/mg. Percocet has 5mg of oxycodone per pill the average Rx is probably 10-20 pills. people with a chronic pain problem might have oxycontin, which is long acting and usually in 10mg pills or higher and likely more pills.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: