Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:38:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sharon Meyers Mentioned The S Word Last Night
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sharon Meyers Mentioned The S Word Last Night  ( 3182 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 01, 2008, 07:00:40 AM »

Thursday night it is supposed to get down into the 30s according to Sharon Meyers of Channel 3 Weather.  She said we might even get some Mountain Snow at an elevation of 2000 feet.  Does anybody have any idea how I can tell what elevation I am at?  I doubt it could be 2000 feet.  There must be some maps of Fairfax somewhere that I could get a general idea what the altitude is here between Shepardson Hollow Road and Comette Road.

Henry Raymond
Dave L.
: 9

« #1 : October 01, 2008, 08:41:03 AM »

My guess, by looking at Google Maps, Terrain, is that your house is about 500 feet.  I am sure someone with a GPS could give you a better number than that.

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : October 01, 2008, 09:22:47 AM »

I have definitely come to the realization that there is practically nothing we can't find out in this little town of Fairfax - Got an e-mail from a friend who said:

"Your house is between 525 to 591 Ft in elevation"

And included the following attachment:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: