Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:21:58 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  More On The Wind Farm On Georgia Mountain
« previous next »
: [1]
: More On The Wind Farm On Georgia Mountain  ( 4976 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 03, 2008, 09:14:53 AM »

Not sure there is anything new and actually haven't heard any negatives from Fairfax, Milton or Georgia.  The following article was in today's Free Press:

Henry Raymond
Kathleen
: 167

« #1 : November 03, 2008, 02:11:48 PM »

First let me say I think wind and other alternative means of power is the only way to go, and I would definitely like to see more wind power being generated.

However, I think before we start constructing all these wind mills, we need to consider how we're going to collect all that power that will be generated.  Northern New York has several wind turbines and more than 75% of the time, they are NOT RUNNING because the grid cannot accomodate and distribute the power generated I'm told.

I don't know that much about the technical aspects of how the wind power is collected and distributed but it only seems logical to make sure that the wind mills constructed are able to be used instead of simply adding to our panoramic views.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : November 03, 2008, 06:52:43 PM »

I've seen the wind farms in New York as you head for Malone, and yes, most of them are not moving.
Now I know why.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #3 : November 04, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »

Henry      When Jeff & I traveled from Chicago to Seattle last year we passed miles & miles of windmills through South Dakota, Wyoming & Montana, most of which were " turning ", and when we stopped at one such location, we were told that the only way that the owners of the wind turbine could profit from these was for them to hook up with a major power company, which in turn would lessen the demand on the local grid. I'm sure Jim & Janet Harrison, if given the permit, will help the Public Service Board in it's quest to remove itself from Hydro-Quebec and at the same time, make a reasonable profit.        Dick Brown     
Dick Brown
: 414

« #4 : November 08, 2008, 11:07:26 AM »

Henry     For those interested in the Wind Project on Georgia Mountain, there is an article in Saturday's Wall Street Journal in the Weekend Journal section entitled " A New Dawn " which gives a lot of pertinent info. One can read it by going to their web-site
( WSJ.com ) and following the prompts.                  Dick Brown
: [1]  
« previous next »
: