Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:25:46 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mike Cain's Local Political Analysis
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mike Cain's Local Political Analysis  ( 2773 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 07, 2008, 07:49:46 AM »

Mike, I would like to add to Dick Brown's compliment of yesterday.  You do an absolutely fantastic job of expressing yourself and today is certainly no exception.  The local politicians would do well to read and take heed of some of the things you said.  To read Mike Cain's Political Analysis of our local politicians, click on the link below to go to Mike's web site:

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : November 07, 2008, 08:23:06 PM »

I have always had trouble speaking about politics. I'm usually in over my head.
But this time I was confident in my opinions and had expressed them a couple of other times to people and they didn't disagree with me.
Also, it is better to write them down, because you can write down the jist of what you want to say, then re-read it over and over, and then add or edit what you want to say so you get your point across.
Verbal debating is not one of my strengths.
Analysis on the national scene is easy. You can say what you want about people, because you will probably never get to meet them.
The hard part was doing the local scene, because I didn't want to offend anyone, but still get my point across. More than likely, you're talking about someone you know......and they know you.
Thanks to everyone who read what I wrote. Thanks to Henry, Julie, Dick Brown, and Rev. Elizabeth for their encouraging words.
Thanks, too, to Chris Santee. He loved the bit about Fox News Fairfax.

Mike

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: