Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:03:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Gas Prices In New Hampshire Vs Vermont
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gas Prices In New Hampshire Vs Vermont  ( 8346 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 13, 2008, 09:01:50 AM »

My daughter Sharon who lives in Hampton and works in Portsmouth keeps me abreast of gas prices there.  My other daughter Mary Kay had to make a trip to Hookset, NH and was going to try and wait and fill up once she got over in NH.

I paid $2.52 down in Colchester the other day when I went to Costco, however it was interesting to note several gas stations on the way down Route 7 that were last then a quarter mile apart with 10 cents difference per gallon.  No Gas Wars Here, I guess.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : November 13, 2008, 12:43:21 PM »

We're headed to Syracuse, NY on Saturday for the Empire Super Sprints awards banquet. I can see what the gas prices are along the way.

I took a picture of the village in the sunshine this morning for my website. Steeple Market was 2.49.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : November 13, 2008, 08:27:29 PM »

Henry    When I returned to Florida from Jeff's house in Chicago this last Monday and Tuesday, the price for a gallon ranged from     $ 2.08 to $1.88 through Rt. I-57 in Illinois, I-24 in Kentucky & Tennessee, and along I-75 in Georgia & Florida. This morning I filled at $2.06 in Zephyrhills.  I don't think that transportation costs for the distributors should create that much difference in the NE price range and marvel at the disparity between regions !!!!    Happy Holidays !!   Dick Brown
MSoule
: 15

« #3 : November 13, 2008, 08:48:10 PM »

The low price leader in Murfreesboro, TN is Wal Mart at $1.85.  I don't think we pay much difference in gas in TN versus VT or NH, but the difference lies in each state's fuel tax rate.
Dick Brown
: 414

« #4 : November 14, 2008, 11:33:37 AM »

Matt   Thanks for the info. To a large degree that makes sense and probably is a key factor. However, it doesn't explain the disparity between where my son lives in Glen Ellyn ( about 25 miles west of Chicago in Dupage County--- 2.35/gal )  and  Kankakee ( about 75 miles south of GE ---2.13/gal ) or the disparity in Tampa ( 2.15 ) and my town ( 2.03.  ). Other factors are probably at work also in those cases. I didn't think about the fuel tax cost, though, and thank you for that information.  As in the past, you present good facts when you speak.  Hope your family is good. I still think about the excellent effect your mom had on the BFA Library .  Dick Brown 
greenek
: 54

« #5 : November 14, 2008, 03:48:45 PM »

Dick, given the distance, it sounds like Kankakee is probably not in DuPage county, and the tax rate might be different there. We lived in the Chicago area about 15 years ago, in Lake County. The border for Cook County was just down the street from us. It wasn't uncommon to see taxi and limousine drivers filling up at one of the local Lake County gas stations after dropping off their fare in Lake County, before heading back to Cook County. Cook County had a much higher tax on fuel than Lake County at the time.
MSoule
: 15

« #6 : November 14, 2008, 06:09:35 PM »

Thank you for the kind words, Mr. Brown, but upon further review, the municipal/city taxes account for more price variance than the state taxes.  In my case, it explains the conistent $.15 - $.20 higher gas prices in Davidson County (Metro Nashville) versus Rutherford County (Murfreesboro area).  Looking today, prices in Murfreesboro were down to $1.84, whereas in Nashville near where I work they were $1.99.  Supply chain and transportation costs do not account for the variance in price here since nearly all of middle TN's refined gasoline is delivered by one pipeline from Houston.  Things like retail margin, volume of gas sold station to station, and local competition I think have more of an impact when looking at the difference in gas prices within the same area, (stations across the street from each other or stations on one side of town versus the other, etc.).  So, upon further review, 10 yard penalty and loss of down to me for talking out of my hat.   
MikeF9

« #7 : November 14, 2008, 07:49:07 PM »

And yet, when I went to get the mail this morning, Steeple Market was still $2.49.

dearon
: 233

« #8 : November 17, 2008, 06:53:57 AM »

Hi All,
Just got back from Melbourne Florida, gas was 2.02 when I left, and in Titusville it was 1.98.  Enjoyed the low prices, and the weather was awesome too!
MikeF9

« #9 : November 17, 2008, 08:26:50 AM »

When we headed out for Syracuse, NY Saturday morning, the cheapest I saw was $2.33 in Fair Haven. New York state was ranging from 2.35-2.57.
On the way home, the lowest was 2.28 outside of Fort Ann.

PotterFXFD
: 269

« #10 : November 17, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »

Coming back from camp in NY yesterday gas was $2.33 around Plattsburg. Usually gas in NY is $0.10 to $0.15 more per gallon then in VT.
fletchtb
: 310

« #11 : November 17, 2008, 11:14:31 AM »

It was $2.35 at Madonna Mobil this morning. That was the cheapest I saw on my drive to Stowe this morning.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: