Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:37:49 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Taxes Due
« previous next »
: [1]
: Taxes Due  ( 5433 )
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« : November 14, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »

Just a reminder to all Fairfax town residents that taxes are due this coming Monday, Nov. 17, 2008.
Julie & 6pt Dave

« #1 : November 15, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »

Don't forget to spread the word to friends and family in town. It's so easy to put the bill aside in August and completely forget about it come mid-November. I've done it myself --twice!
I can't understand why the town of Fairfax isn't like almost every other town which puts a sign up in town reminding the residents that taxes are due. It's only a common courtesy. How do we get this done?
YouAnnMos
: 30

« #2 : November 17, 2008, 09:29:18 AM »

Thanks for the reminder.  I too was caught a couple of years ago.  The Tax Bill is mailed to town residents in mid August.  The benefit of an early mailing is of course the lead time to set aside the monies needed.  One of the downsides is if you are not terribly organized ( like myself :-) ) the tax bill may end up in a stack of other bills and forgotten about.  I remembered one day late a couple of years ago and was considered "delinquent".  I was charged the "Interest as allowable by law" AND a "collectors fee" of 8% even though the collector never got involved ( as I remembered the bill and brought in the payment myself ).  I may be incorrect on this but I believe the "collectors fee" does not get added to the town's account.

According to the bill "Taxes must be paid by 4:00 P.M. on Nov. 17, 2008 or they will  be considered delinquent.

I too have often wondered why the town does not put up a sign or two a couple of weeks before the due date advertising the fact that taxes will be due on such and such a date.   November and December tend to be busy months for a lot of people.  A simple reminder goes a long way.
vtmomx3
: 11

« #3 : November 17, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »

Hi, thanks for the reminder, it's always good to know our neighbors are looking out for one another! I did want to add my thoughts though. I know that taxes are always due in  November so when I get the bill in August, I tape it to the November calendar page at home. That way the bill doesn't get lost in the never ending piles of paperwork. It really never occurred to me to ask for a reminder, I just figured that was my responsibility as a homeowner.  thanks~~~
Julie & 6pt Dave

« #4 : November 17, 2008, 04:32:53 PM »

I think it would just be helpful if the town were to post a reminder. Other towns just simply put up a sign or two in town to do just that. I'm sure someone could easily make the signs and then they would be ready to use each year. Heck, if I were more talented with a hammer and a saw I would do it myself. I think it would be a big help for the community as some residents (like me) do forget. I hope I remember to bring up the issue at town meeting.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #5 : November 17, 2008, 04:55:04 PM »

The Fairfax Town Clerk's Office
will be open from 6:00 to 8:00pm
on Monday night to accept payments.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
special ED

« #6 : November 18, 2008, 05:43:25 AM »

it is not taxes it is lot rent ,if you do not pat your taxes you go to jail ,if you do not pay your lot rent you get evicted
: [1]  
« previous next »
: