Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:02:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Check The Sky In The Southwest Tonight - Something Spectacular
« previous next »
: [1]
: Check The Sky In The Southwest Tonight - Something Spectacular  ( 3369 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 29, 2008, 06:31:11 PM »

Very visible from my house - Tried taking a picture, but not that clever - Found the one below the observatory took:

SPECTACULAR CONJUNCTION: When the sun goes down tonight, step outside and look southwest. You’ll see something very pretty: Venus and Jupiter beaming together through the twilight. The two closely-spaced planets are about to be joined by the slender crescent Moon for a spectacular three-way conjunction that arguably ranks as the best sky show of 2008. Check http://spaceweather.com for sky maps, photos–and be sure to keep an eye on the sky in the evenings ahead.

« : November 29, 2008, 06:57:17 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : November 30, 2008, 06:06:11 PM »

Saw it on my way to Burlington last night, I couldn't figure out what it was!  I knew it wasn't two stars and was glad to see this posting. Mystery solved!
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : November 30, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »

I think you were supposed to see it again tonight and tomorrow night, however, it is snowing up here and you can't see the sky.  It was very noticeable last night as they were the only two bright lights in the sky.  It just caught my eye before I found out what it was even.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : December 01, 2008, 09:45:44 AM »

The sky may be clear enough tonight to be able to see the conjunction (or grouping) of the planets Venus and Jupiter, along with the crescent moon, in the southwestern sky just after sunset.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: