Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:30:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  One Of Those Quiet Quiet Days
« previous next »
: [1]
: One Of Those Quiet Quiet Days  ( 5565 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 03, 2008, 08:55:30 AM »

Every once in a while I run into one of these quiet days, where there is no news or items to put up on the forum and this is one of them.  I like to put up positive things, but it has been just a bit difficult to find those things.  Was talking with Jeff Minor the other day up at the store and he was showing me a beautiful long Poinsettia basket with 4 Poinsettia plants in it  It was really beautiful, however, my ability to keep houseplants alive is right on the bottom of my skill list.  It would truly make a beautiful center piece for a table, however, I suspect by Christmas I would have a beautiful basket with 4 dead Poinsettia Plants.  I told Maryann about it and she said, why don't you see if Jeff will put it aside and keep it alive until Christmas.  The cost for the centerpiece is $24.99.  If you happen to go up to Minors, check it out.  I'll try to remember to put my camera in the car and maybe snap a picture of it.  Don't know how many Jeff has or will have.

Of course I had to mention that maybe spending $24.99 for the basket and Poinsettias was not a good thing to do as this is a year when cutting back is on the mind of most people.  Jeff mentioned that his Dad had said the same thing, but maybe not this year.

Christmas is a time when there are so many wonderful stories about wonderful people doing wonderful deeds.  A good friend of mine sent me a link to YouTube about a truly wonderful individual who has overcome many obstacles in his life - If you are the slightest bit emotional, you will have to wipe a tear from your eye after you see it.  Check it out if you wish at:

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : December 03, 2008, 08:09:23 PM »

Henry   During our last Christmas together, Nancy wanted some poinsettias around the house  to use for decorations because Jeff & his family were coming south to spend x-mas with us. I went to Walmart and got 5 " cheapie " plants. She placed them around the house, and after the season was over, I prepared to throw them out. Nancy insisted that I plant all five near an Oak Tree in the front yard ( lots of shade and still some sun on most days ). They have flourished , are now over 4' high, and bloom each and every Christmas.  I know the neighbors enjoy them, and they know the story, and as usual, remark that Nancy always did know best.     Sometimes I even agree....for a minute.    Happy Holidays, and...spend some of that IBM retirement by purchasing the plant for MaryAnn !!!   
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : December 03, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »

Dick, you know I think I will do that - Hopefully he still has some left.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : December 04, 2008, 06:53:29 PM »

OK Dick, you got to me, so sitting on our kitchen table tonight is:

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #4 : December 04, 2008, 08:56:13 PM »

Wonderful Plant and photo !!!!  It looks great on your table......I must confess, however, that at first I thought you had used the camera to make it appear larger, as I used to when I turned a 7" trout into a monster trophy by simply zooming the camera, BUT it appears that this is indeed a nice plant.   Well done, my friend !!!    Happy Holidays to you and your family.   Dick
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : December 05, 2008, 09:51:26 AM »

Those are beautiful Dad.  I hope they stay alive until I get home!! ~Mary Kay

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: