Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:38:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I Have A Chauffeur Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: I Have A Chauffeur Today  ( 2844 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 09, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »

After about 4 years and beginning to look at blurry screens on my computer, decided it was time to get my eyes checked - Haven't been in a while, as the last time I went, the eye doctor went a little test crazy.  He did some tests and when Maryann and I got our bills, we were a bit flabbergasted.  Maryann called him when we got the bill and he did write-off some of those tests he did.

Neither of us has been back since, however, today when I go in, he will get specific instructions that I want to be made well aware ahead of time of any tests he will be doing that are not covered by my IBM Eyecare or Medicare Insurance Programs.  Although the eye doctors at the practice have changed, I have been to this same place for 65 years, so they have all my records over the years. 

I know for sure that my computer glasses will have to be changed as I got those when I was still working at IBM and I have been retired going on 17 years. Reading or Computer Glasses don't need changing as often as you just change the distance you are from the screen or the newpaper, unfortunately, no adjustment seems to be working at the present time.  I know a lot of people buy their reading/computer glasses of a rack at the store, just trying one pair after the other on, but think I will go with the real thing.

Bottom line, I know I will be having drops put in my eyes, so I have asked my sister to chauffeur me down and back.  No need of adding an extra hazard on the roads, however, I do hope that the weather gets a bit better.

I do have to admit however, that wind, nor snow, nor sleet, nor rain ever stopped my sister from going where she wanted to go.  Back when she was teaching in Richford many years ago, she used to drive from Fairfax to Richford, a distance of 45 miles each way in her little Volkswagen Bug.  Many a time she would be up past Bakersfield in the morning and Richford would close the school because of the roads, so she would turn around and come back home.  She now volunteers down at the Fanny Allen Gift Shop each Thursday and Friday - Never missed a day because of the roads, so I know there will be no problem in my getting to St. Albans for my Eye Appointment today.

Henry Raymond
Mummy
: 280

« #1 : December 09, 2008, 03:01:54 PM »

That is interesting.  Most folks would never take their car in for a repair without having an idea of HOW MUCH WILL IT COST.  However, with healthcare many folks do not ask HOW MUCH WILL THAT COST?  It is appropriate to ask just that before any procedure or tests are done.  Regardless of your insurance the MD office can tell you a good ball park of what it will cost you with your current insurance.  It is no different from taking your car down to the Auto Repair Shop and having an idea of what it will cost you. 

REVIEW your bill and ask those questions. 

I called my Pediatrician's office because of a test which was billed on my account.  I was told by the Clerical Staff who answered the phone "oh, I am sure the Nurse just CHECKED it off by accident.  I will adjust your bill."   That was it - I could not believe my ears.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : December 09, 2008, 04:36:22 PM »

Anybody ever been a "victim" of a medical coding error?

A co worker of mine recently applied for life insurance after the birth of his first child.
He authorized his medical records released to insurance company due to the policy amount.

The insurance company called inquiring about his malignant tumor he was "diagnosed" with 4 years ago.
News to him that he had a tumor. He did have a benign cyst removed 4 years ago from his leg.

It seems the insurance codes are similar.

1 week of phone tag and it was cleared up.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: