Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:17:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sheriff's Report Absolve's Paul Cootware Of Blame In Dec 2008 Accident
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sheriff's Report Absolve's Paul Cootware Of Blame In Dec 2008 Accident  ( 6745 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 27, 2008, 08:14:43 PM »

Paul W. Cootware

FLETCHER - Paul William Cootware, age 60, passed away in Johnson as a result of injuries he sustained in an automobile accident on Dec. 24, 2008. Paul was born the son of William and Margaret (Peterson) Cootware in Burlington on March 25, 1948. He was raised in the Fairfax/Fletcher area where as a youth he enjoyed an "adventurous" childhood with his brother David. He was a graduate of Cambridge High School class of 1967. He was previously married to the mother of his children Mary Mayo. Paul drove a truck for Canada Dry and later worked as a heavy equipment operator for several construction companies. He was considered the best of the best with his backhoe skills, was meticulous with his work and as a result was well known and respected throughout the construction field in Vermont. He took great pride in keeping his yard looking manicured and always looked forward to spending time with his friends in a Saturday afternoon game of poker or cribbage. Paul was a thoughtful, caring person and an unconditional friend to many. He loved nature and the great Vermont outdoors and always enjoyed his family camping trips to Maine. He enjoyed raising his pets and was known to keep an unofficial monitoring of the local deer herd in the area by his regular road trips looking for deer. He anxiously awaited the arrival of summer every year when he could take off on his treasured Harley Davidson motorcycle and catch the summer breezes. Most of all though, Paul loved his family and his greatest sense of pride was his son and daughter whom he absolutely adored. His contagious laugh and love and attention will be greatly missed by all of those whose lives he had touched in his own special way. Paul is survived by his loving and devoted friend, Debbie Harriman and her children, Matt Quagliozzi and Julia Mancini and husband Gus; a son Brian Cootware of Johnson; a daughter Bobbi Rooney and husband Matt of Hyde Park; two brothers David Cootware and wife Susan of Nevada, Richard Cootware of Hyde Park; seven sisters, Diane Schwarm and husband Ron of Waterville, Barbara Lehoullier and husband George of Jeffersonville, Janet Mazzola and husband Robert of Hyde Park, Joyce Lamphere and husband Dolor of Jeffersonville, Brenda Edwards of Fletcher, Tracey Hunt and husband Palmer of Johnson, Jennifer Cary and husband Alan of Fletcher; many aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins; and his favorite and faithful companion "Rocco." Visiting hours will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2008, from 2 to 4 p.m., and 7 to 9 p.m., in A. W. Rich Funeral Home - Fairfax Chapel. A Mass of Christian Burial will be concelebrated with Reverend Charles Danielson and Reverend Francis Prive on Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2008, at 11 a.m., in St. Mary Church, Cambridge. Inurnment will be at the convenience of the family. Memorial contributions may be made in Paul's memory to North Country Animal League, 3524 Laporte Rd., Morrisville, VT 05661. The family invites you to share your memories and online condolences in Paul's tribute by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com . Arrangements are by John D. Workman A. W. Rich Funeral Home - Fairfax Chapel 1176 Main St., Fairfax, VT 05454.

« : March 03, 2010, 09:56:44 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : December 28, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »

East Fairfield man killed in crash

A 60-year-old East Fair-field man was killed in a three-vehicle accident on Vermont 15 east of Johnson, the Lamoille County Sheriffs Department said in a news release.

Paul Cootware was driving east in a Dodge pickup at 6:42 p.m. Wednesday when he crossed the center line and struck a three-axle truck driven by Shawn Noel, 32, of Highgate Center. A Subaru driven by Judith A. Parsons, 62, of Johnson, was also involved.

Cootware was pronounced dead at the scene. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call the Lamoille Sheriffs Department at 888-3502.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : November 04, 2009, 08:17:53 PM »

Hi Henry,

I'm Paul's daughter Bobbi.  Almost a year has gone by and after almost a year of grief, the legal paperwork is signed and I can finally 
clarify a few things.

In regards to the Free Press and St. Albans Messenger articles about my fathers accident by Lamoille County Sheriffs Department, I'd like the truth to finally be told in regards to what happened that night. 

My father was traveling east on RT 15 to my house for Christmas Eve dinner  when a Subaru driven by Judith Parsons  headed west on RT 15 crossed the center line by 4' 5", sideswipeing my father, her front drivers side tire hit my fathers rear drivers side tire. She hit him so hard that it twisted the rear axle of his truck and broke the leaf springs on the drivers side causing my father to lose control of his vehicle that put him across the center line of the westbound lane into the path of the Freightliner driven by Sean Noel.  So, my dad didn't lose control of his vehicle and cross the centerline.  He was forced out of control by the Subaru.  There was nothing the driver of the freightliner could have done to prevent this accident.

The officer in charge of the scene of the accident accused my father of drinking and sent him for a complete autopsy.  He had been sober for 27 years at that time.

The officer in charge of the scene did NOT give a blood test to the driver of the Subaru but did do a blood test on the driver of the 
Freightliner.

The officer in charge of the scene did not take any pictures of the Subaru at the scene of the accident.

The officer in charge of the scene tried to change the time of the accident to the last dialed call on my fathers cell phone.

The officer in charge of the scene counseled the driver of the Subaru by drawing her a picture of what happened.

The officer in charge of the scene told the driver of the Subaru to "keep in mind, the only person who really knows what happened is Paul and he's dead."

The list goes on and on and on but with the help of my lawyer, Sheriff Marcoux finally looked this over a bit closer and found that he has himself a dirty cop on his police force.

Had my husband and I not done our own investigation, my dad would have been blamed, my family and I would have never had the truth to what was so very obvious Christmas morning.

I am filing a formal complaint with the Sheriffs Department this upcoming week in regards to the outrageous misconduct of this 
particular officer. He is a waste of community resources.

I put up the fight for my fathers names sake and I won.

If you have any questions or want to discuss or print a retract to the original article please email me back or call me.

BandMRooney@aol.com

home: 635-1740
cell 324-1195

Thanks Henry
Bobbi Cootware-Rooney

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : March 03, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »

Sheriff's report absolves Vermont crash victim of blame

HYDE PARK -- A 60-year-old East Fairfield man killed in a three-vehicle crash east of Johnson on Dec. 24, 2008, was not at fault, the Lamoille Sheriff's Department said this week in an updated news release.

Paul W. Cootware died in three-vehicle crash on Vermont 15 at about 6:42 p.m. that day. An initial news release issued by the Sheriff's Department said Cootware crossed the center line and collided with a tri-axle truck driven by Shawn Noel. A subsequent investigation showed, however, that a vehicle driven by Judith A. Parsons of Johnson crossed the center line and struck Cootware's Dodge truck. That caused Cootware's truck to spin into Noel's truck, the Sheriff's Department said.

The updated news release said details of the investigation were referred to the Lamoille County State's Attorney's Office, and no criminal charges are expected.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: