Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:22:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  It Has Been One Hell Of A Week
« previous next »
: [1]
: It Has Been One Hell Of A Week  ( 2367 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 28, 2008, 09:42:31 AM »

I have felt that there was going to be something special about this Christmas, however, I think it was because my whole family was going to be home Christmas Eve & Christmas Day and not the disaster that occured here in Town on Christmas Eve.  I have had a number of people call me and contact me who are not on the Internet, mainly parishioners of St. Luke's who want to express themselves about their memories of the Old St. Luke Church.

The old parishioners have never forgotten the Old St. Luke's and it was with tremendous reluctance that they left to go up on the Hill to The Parish Center and call that their new Church.  Poor Father Bill, I will never forget when he announced to the parishioners that the Old St. Luke's had been deemed unsafe as a Church and would be sold.

I have not had a chance to speak with Mike Cain about it, but I do know that this is a Historical Event here in town and some way some how would like to leave something for posterity about the people in the community and how they feel after the tragic loss of their former Church and those who have known it as the only Super Market in Town.

I do know that Jim Minor got some video and photos, as did Deanne Morin.  Mike Cain also got some great shots and a number of other people sent me photos which I have posted on the forum here.  For the January 2009 Fairfax News, I will ask Mike Cain to submit one of his photos to Chris & Jaz for the front page.  I understand from Chris Santee that Dave St. Pierre also got some great video and it certainly would be nice if we could get that, however, Dave is a professional and I don't know how much that would cost us.

Excuse my rambling, but I do need to sit down with some of the Members of St. Luke's and also Mike Cain.  I do have an old VHS tape of Channel 3 News interviewing Frank Berardinelli when he opened Berardinelli's Store in the Old St. Luke's Church, if I can locate it.

First off, of course, have to invest in a new computer.  Thank Goodness, I put a lot of stuff up on the web, so I haven't lost as much as I could have.

By the way, my most memorable moment in The Old St. Luke's Church is in the photo below, standing where those of you who knew it as the Steeple Market's Meat Counter back on September 3, 1960 - No longer with us in that photo are Maryann's parents, Adolph & Kay Hoben and my parents, Edos & Mary Raymond:

« : December 28, 2008, 09:46:39 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: