Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:24:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Owner Pierre Menard Not Sure Whether He Will Rebuild
« previous next »
: [1]
: Owner Pierre Menard Not Sure Whether He Will Rebuild  ( 3025 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 29, 2008, 09:20:47 AM »

Owner Pierre Menard said he was uncertain whether he would rebuilt, mostly because he hadn't been able to contact his insurer because of the Christmas holiday. "I'll know in a couple of days when I find out what's covered, what's not covered," Menard said. Reopening the store "is the goal, but we'll see."

Matt Sutkoski, Burlington Free Press Writer wrote a nice article in today's Burlington Free Press.  I told Maryann last night that I was sure the other two stores would have to make some adjustments.  I found Minor's out of Booth Brothers Fat Free Milk last night.  Lots of people went into Steeple Market to buy their milk as Pierre had the cheapest prices around.  $3.98 a gallon - I paid $4.40 at Minor's the other day.  McKenzie Hot Dogs at Steeple's were $3.99 a pound while Hannaford's is now charging $5.29.

It will be difficult to go to Minor's or Nan's for the many walk-ins that went in during the day, either from the school or residents close by.

To read Matt's article, click on the link below:

Henry Raymond
Cat

« #1 : December 29, 2008, 12:46:51 PM »

Maybe everyone should post their opinions to the story on the Free press website so he can see how much we need it rebuilt & why having a store located in the center of town is so important to our community.

Mummy
: 280

« #2 : January 01, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »

Today @ Nann's I paid $3.39 for 2% milk but the sign did state "for a limited time."
: [1]  
« previous next »
: