Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:24:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Post Office Looking At Only Delivering Mail 5 Days A Week
« previous next »
: [1]
: Post Office Looking At Only Delivering Mail 5 Days A Week  ( 2641 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 29, 2009, 09:20:57 AM »

Because they have lost so much money this past year, they are requesting that they only be required to deliver mail 5 days a week.  Right off the bat, you are probably thinking, well, no mail on Saturday.  They are not thinking of Saturday though as the day they won't deliver mail, they are thinking Tuesday - That will mean no long weekends for your postal carrier.

Henry Raymond
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #1 : January 29, 2009, 12:48:16 PM »

They would get a long weekend. Any holiday on a Monday would give them Sun/Mon/Tues.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : January 29, 2009, 07:45:46 PM »

A representative for the U.S. Postal Service said the reduction would likely be temporary and limited to slower times of the year like summer.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: