Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:28:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Curious and Concerned
« previous next »
: [1]
: Curious and Concerned  ( 7443 )
Razzle Dazzle

« : January 30, 2009, 07:07:31 AM »

Has any body heard anything of Richard LeClair?  I've noticed his drive isn't plowed along with the area in front of his mailbox.  His inner front door is usually open and there isn't any activity around.
I 'm a bit concerned and wonder if anyone knows of his where abouts?

Gerry Hartley
special ED

« #1 : January 30, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »

I dont know him but maybe you should go look ? you never know what can happen
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : January 30, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »

Someone has been contacted and is checking on the situation.

Henry Raymond
slpott
: 457

« #3 : January 30, 2009, 10:32:04 PM »

This is another example of what I consider "Take care of the neighbors". Neighborhood watch would accomplish this no problem and I personally like being taken care of. All we have to do is take care of one or 2 neighbors and we would be golden. Seems so simple but it seems so hard to get people that want to do this. We really do need to take care of one another. It will get worse before it gets better. My recommendation would be to get this going asap. I was sick to think that the 93 year old man froze to death of no heat. My neighbors would never end up that way regardless of how I felt about them. right is right and wrong is wrong. Lets work together. especially when times are so tough. We can make it work. If you know of someone that is struggling and you can not help, get the word out. Someone else may be able to. thanks for sharing and I hope the best. Shelly
Mummy
: 280

« #4 : January 31, 2009, 01:23:56 AM »

Because so many of us respect individuals privacy, that sometimes is an invisible line for many.  One excellent way of maintaining contact with the seniors, is a program called Meals on Wheels (MOW) which is a joint effort between Fairfax, Fletcher and Westford communities working together.  Meals are prepared at the Fletcher General Store and delivered Monday through Friday.  I have heard excellent reviews on this program and the feedback on the quality and quantity of the meals provided by the Fletcher General Store for almost a year now. 

Don't know Richard LeClair, but perhaps he should be informed about the MOW's program and someone would visit him Monday - Friday!  In addition, I know this program can arrange for someone to plow his driveway.  As for shoveling, is there a Boy Scott Group that could help out the seniors within the community during the winter snow storms.

Razzle Dazzle

« #5 : January 31, 2009, 06:43:47 AM »

Thank you Henry

Mummy:  Unless something is wrong or something has happend to Richard, he wouldn't ordinarily need the help.  He's always out and about, and plows his dirve with his plow/truck.

slpott:  I'm all for neighborhood watch, especially when "times are tough".
Mummy

« #6 : January 31, 2009, 08:00:55 AM »

Don't ya worry, Henry's on the Neighborhood watch which he has proven it's effectiveness! 
Just like your friend you haven't seen, Henry's got it covered!
It's nice to have someone who can connect with the appropriate folks to investigate the communities concerns. 
Good job Henry!
Henry
Administrator

« #7 : January 31, 2009, 09:35:58 AM »

Unfortunately, I have not heard many good things about "Meals on Wheels."  It is hard to please everybody.  I may try to see if I can get with The Fletcher Store and see if they will tell me what each day's meals consists of.  Maybe things have changed, but there was a while that there were so few people getting them, that there was hardly anyone delivering them in the area.

By the way, these people who deliver Meals On Wheels are truly great volunteers, as they get nothing for doing this.  It is truly quite a community service on their part.

Henry Raymond
Mummy

« #8 : February 01, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »

Perhaps there were some issues with the meals (depending on who you talked to) but now the Fletcher General Store has provided these meals for almost a year now! I will drop a menu off to you this week if you don't get a chance to get one from the store.  I did have the pleasure of sampling one meal recently and I could not finish all of it.  Let's see, there was pork chops (boneless) with stuffing, home fries, corn, mix fruit in syrup, a roll and chocolate cake with cherries!  Everything was excellent, including (my guess) the home made chocolate cake!  Also, one day a week you receive a quart of milk!

As I recall going back some 15-years ago, the MOW's Coordinator lived right down the road from you Henry.  I believe she gave it up maybe three-years ago but as you mentioned it is time consuming and the pay is  ... well worth it to the right person!
It's just the magical formula of finding the perfect person for the perfect job!
Henry
Administrator

« #9 : February 01, 2009, 02:09:54 PM »

Mummy,
Do you know what the cost of Meals On Wheels is??

Henry Raymond
ohhman
: 469

« #10 : February 02, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »

I'm not sure what the cost is here in town for M-O-W but we used this very good service for my dad in Burlington from the time of my mom's got accident til when my dad fell & could not be home & I will say, he so looked forward to them coming every day.   I think the cost was under $5. per day & could be adjusted according to income.  It was well worth the cost, the meals were not so bad, surely lots better than if he, at 86yrs & always having mom do the meals, would have done for himself!  They also gave a blizzard bag during the winter in case they couldn't get there.  For my siblings & self, it was well worth the $$$ to have piece of mind someone was going to check on him when all of us were @ our jobs & in other towns/states.  When dad passed away  we had people, if they so chose, in lieu of flowers to give a donation towards the program.  The volunteers are just that, they do this service out of pocket for gas & own expenses.
Mummy

« #11 : February 02, 2009, 09:44:51 PM »

No Henry I don't know the price of the MOW's but you can contact Lisa Townsend at 800-642-5119 extension 1040 who will be happy to give you all of the details.  Last time I received a check from a client was 17-years ago and that was for $8 which was the payment for a week.  I'm sure the price has gone up some since then but I also know that Champlain Valley Agency on Aging supplements the cost of each meal. 

When I signed up at work for payroll deductions for the United Way, I had the choice of where I wanted my donation to go and I was please to see that MOW's was on the list.  In addition to Champlain Valley Agency on Aging's budget and the United Way, I suspect there are other agencies that contributes to reducing the cost of MOW's to the client.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: