Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:28:46 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Georgia Historian, Arlene (Jordan) Martel Passes Away In Florida
« previous next »
: [1]
: Georgia Historian, Arlene (Jordan) Martel Passes Away In Florida  ( 2546 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 30, 2009, 09:28:09 AM »

Arlene and I shared the same Great Grandfather and she was a wealth of information about the large family on my father's side of the family.  It should be known that many historians hang on to whatever information they have and do not share it with anybody, however this was not the case with Arlene.  I shared whatever I had with her for family & Fairfax Town information and she in turn would do the same.  Any time a family member died, I would e-mail the information to her down in Florida.  She and her husband lived just this side of Dead Man's Curve in Georgia.

I am sure that Peter Mallett will miss her also as she was very active in creating the Georgia History Books that are published each year in the Town of Georgia.  They are a very active historical group over there:

ARLENE JORDAN MARTELL

ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. / GEORGIA, Vt. - Arlene Jordan Martell, 82, of Zephyrhills, Fla., formerly of Georgia, Vt., went home to the Lord on Wednesday, Jan., 14, 2009. She passed away in Florida Hospital in Zephyrhills with family at her side. Born in East Fairfield, Vt., July 19, 1926, Arlene was the daughter of the late Edward and Eva (Messier) Jordan. Prior to her retirement to Florida, she was co-owner of the family livestock business and she served two terms in the Vermont legislature. She was a lifetime member of the Order of Women Legislators for the state of Vermont. Arlene is survived by her husband of 63 years, Leonard; five children and their spouses; 16 grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren. This large family was the center of her life. She leaves one daughter, Donna Martell Peacock, Wesley Chapel, Fla. (and Mark Peacock). She leaves four sons, John Martell (and Jacqueline), Georgia, Vt., Steven Martell (and Carol Pion) St. Albans Bay, Vt, Gregory Martell (and Deborah) of Jeffersonville, Vt., Anthony Martell, Zephyrhills, Fla., (and Terry Martell, Belleview, Fla.); Arlene leaves three sisters; a brother and their spouses, Ann Mostachetti (and Armando) of Dover Plains, N.Y., Teresa Zuzak (and John) of Rockledge, Fla., Judy Creller (and Bruce) of San Antonio, Texas, and Andrew Jordan (and Betty) of Zephyrhills, Fla.; plus 17 nieces and nephews and their children. She was predeceased by a sister and brother-in-law, Eleanor and Franklin Larrow of Zephyrhills, Fla. Arlene was an avid genealogist and was author of the book "Families of Georgia, Vermont" published in 2001 by the Georgia Historical Society. While compiling an extensive collection of family trees of early settlers, she corresponded with descendents from all over the United States and Canada, and shared her research generously. In keeping with Arlene's wishes, there will be no funeral service at this time, but a memorial Mass and burial service will be held at a later date in Vermont. Those who wish to donate to a charity or organization in Arlene's name may choose to give a remembrance to the Georgia Historical Society, Box 2072, Georgia, VT 05468. Mass intentions may be requested at Ascension Parish in Georgia, Vt., or at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Zephyrhills, Fla.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: