Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:55:58 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Old Penny Postcard Link
« previous next »
: [1]
: Old Penny Postcard Link  ( 2650 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 03, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »

JoAnne Willkins sent me a link to an old penny postcard site.  Although there is very little of Franklin County, there was one very interesting one in Chittenden County of the old Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception - They identify it as St. Mary's.  I had completely forgotten what it looked like, but it sure was a beautiful building.  They also have one of Fort Ethan Allen in the old days.  They have some for each Vermont County, if you are interested in looking at them, click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
JoeT
: 100

« #1 : February 03, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »

I love the old painting of Ft Ethan Allen, I work right down the street from those buildings.  Hey, where are the trees?

It always amazes me when I see old paintings/pictures of Vermont is how few trees there were in some areas back 100 or more years ago.

Joe

JoAnne Willkins sent me a link to an old penny postcard site.  Although there is very little of Franklin County, there was one very interesting one in Chittenden County of the old Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception - They identify it as St. Mary's.  I had completely forgotten what it looked like, but it sure was a beautiful building.  They also have one of Fort Ethan Allen in the old days.  They have some for each Vermont County, if you are interested in looking at them, click on the following link:

trussell
: 870

« #2 : February 03, 2009, 12:47:46 PM »

I heard that around the turn of the 20th century, Vermont was 90% deforested.  This was largely due to the big "sheep farming" industry.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: