Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:51:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  TV Ads Suggesting You Rescan For TV Stations February 17th
« previous next »
: [1]
: TV Ads Suggesting You Rescan For TV Stations February 17th  ( 3803 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 10, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »

Not sure why they have added that you should rescan for digital television signals after February 17th in their ads, but this is what they say on their web site:

"You should rescan your converter box or TV set for channels when installing equipment for the first time, after repositioning or moving an antenna around and once again after June 12, 2009. Since some digital stations are still coming on air, you may want to consider rescanning on a periodic basis to get all of the digital programming available."
« : February 10, 2009, 10:15:25 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : February 10, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »

Hi Henry.  They suggest this as some of us may be able to pick-up other locales signals.  We won't see any seepage from the north as canada is far fromt their conversion date, but we may see something from our surroundign states depending on where you live ( in a valley, near the top of a mountain, in a knoll, etc)

I see your point though - seeing we get all the local stations there are already with our current scan.  I'm really hoping to get more - no matter how illogical it may be.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
JoeT
: 100

« #2 : February 12, 2009, 09:22:01 AM »

WCAX's digital signal is changing from a temporary channel to a permanent channel.  That new channel starts on the 18th.
If you don't rescan you converter box or digital TV you won't be able to get WCAX any more (your receiver literally will not know where to find the new channel).

Regards,
Joe

: [1]  
« previous next »
: