Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:18:22 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Maryann Is In "Red Sox Heaven"
« previous next »
: [1]
: Maryann Is In "Red Sox Heaven"  ( 8847 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 15, 2009, 09:44:32 AM »

Well, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon yesterday the DVR was taping as Maryann sees the first signs of spring at the Red Sox Training Camp.  I promised I would pick up a Red Sox Year Book for her as soon as they come out.  She is probably one of the most savvy people around here, other than Reggie Barkyoumb, when it comes to the Red Sox.  She keeps that yearbook right near her recliner, just in case she has forgotten some statistic about the Red Sox - which is a rarity.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : February 15, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »

Talk to Rick at the Pharmacy. They usually have them.

Another sign of spring! Baseball is back!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : February 15, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »

Henry     For all of Maryann's Red Sox needs, go to http://yawkeywaystore.com/ and check out their inventory, including the Yearbook        ( due out probably around May 1 )  .   Keep your Sox on !!!
« : February 15, 2009, 12:20:49 PM Henry »
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : February 15, 2009, 12:23:31 PM »

I just mentioned it to her and she said, "Send me the link", which I did.  I am sure she will be shopping there.

Henry Raymond
msm
: 211

« #4 : February 15, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »

Should be an interesting season -- My Rays have improved in the outfield, bull-pen and starting pitching.  Of course the hated Yankees have spent another pile of cash, let them spent their cash to stimulate the economy :-)   -- and the Red Sox have the most potential of any team in the American League East, including returning AL MVP ..  Should be a very exciting year.

Dick, I will call you, my sons and I would like to take you to a game at the Trop !!   

Mike M.
Dick Brown

« #5 : February 16, 2009, 11:34:03 AM »

Mike       Look forward to your call and for news about Mitchell's progress.  Hope I'm still around to watch his progress up the professional ladder !!!     
misswafl
: 8

« #6 : February 17, 2009, 02:51:31 PM »

msm - are you here in Florida?  Where about's?  I'm in Davenport, about 15 minutes from Disney and I grew in Fairfax - love the Rays!
Dick Brown

« #7 : February 17, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »

Henry             I got an e-mail from yawkeywaystore.com today saying that the Annual is in. That's not the yearbook, but it's been a popular acquisition in the past few years.  Would be a nice post-valentine gift !!!
msm

« #8 : February 18, 2009, 09:50:44 AM »

Misswafl,

I live in the Tampa Metro Area, Carrollwood area, just north of Raymond James Stadium.   What is your name ?  I was raised in Fairfax,  graduated in 1977.  I went to college that fall and lived in the Burlington area until 1992 -- I moved to Tampa in February 1992 and have recently celebrated 17 years in the Sunshine State.

Mike McNall      -- already missing McNall Field  :-)
Henry
Administrator

« #9 : February 18, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »

Maryann ordered the book last night.  The book cost $13 and shipping was $10.  She will get a lot of enjoyment out of it and I will be watching for the 2009 Year Book come the 1st of May.

Henry Raymond
misswafl
: 8

« #10 : February 19, 2009, 09:06:20 PM »

Hi Mike - my name is Missy Dougan (Parah) and you graduated a couple of years ahead of my older sister Debbie Parah.  I live in davenport, between orlando and lakeland and I have lived here for 5 years.  I graduated from BFA in 86 and lived there until 94, when my husband and I moved to Reno, NV for 10 years.  We try to see a couple of games every year - I like the Rays and I like the Bucs!  Very small world - isn't it:)
msm

« #11 : February 20, 2009, 02:46:46 PM »

Hi Missy,

Yes a small world indeed.   I have traveled through Davenport several times,  my son had various baseball tournaments in Auburndale, Winter Haven, and Lake Alfred.   

Go Rays -- Go Bucs !    Mike M
: [1]  
« previous next »
: