Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:38:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sherm Posey Passes away in Philadelphia
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sherm Posey Passes away in Philadelphia  ( 3569 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 17, 2009, 08:14:41 AM »

Perhaps a lot of you don't remember Sherm and his first wife Marjorie as they moved from Westford quite a few years ago.  Sherm and Marge lived in the little red house just beyond Cobbs Corners going towards Westford and before the Twin Hills.  I believe they sold the house to Burt Vail and his wife when they left.  Sherm & Marge were members of St. Luke's Church here in Fairfax and Sherm was also a member of St. Luke's Choir back in the day when Grace Pigeon was the organist, along with old time parishioners, Girard Caron and Phil Parah.  They kept the younger group under control which consisted of Norm, Pauline & Paulette Lavallee, Brenda (Bessette) Thibault, Maryann (Hoben) Raymond and I.  This was during the 1950s, so I am sure I have forgotten some of the others.  Sherm was a tall guy and had a deep bass voice.  Used to like to stand near him to sing as he was able to keep me on key (somewhat at least).

SHERMAN M. POSEY

PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - Sherman M. Posey died on Feb. 11, 2009, in the Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, Pa. Born in Burlington, he lived in Shelburne until moving to Clermont, Fla. 12 years ago. He was the son of the late Michael and Florence Vashaw Posey. Sherman was a retired employee of GE in Burlington. He was the former owner of Twin Valley Motors of Claremont, N.H., and worked at Lake Buick in Burlington. Mr. Posey was a former member of the Colchester Congregation of the Jehovah's Witness. He was a Marine Corps veteran. He enjoyed scuba diving and exploring shipwrecks, golf, hunting and camping. Sherman was the beloved husband of Rose M. Posey and the late Marjorie Posey. He was the devoted father of Robin (Tracy) Nelson and the loving grandfather of Malinda and Zachary Sargent. He is also survived by his brother Brad Posey; his sister Sandi Pepin; and was predeceased by his brother Norman Posey. There will be a memorial service held in the Burlington area at a later date.
« : February 17, 2009, 09:18:38 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: