Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:14:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  JENNIFER CHAMBERLIN RECOGNIZED FOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE
« previous next »
: [1]
: JENNIFER CHAMBERLIN RECOGNIZED FOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE  ( 3312 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 20, 2009, 03:00:53 PM »

JENNIFER CHAMBERLIN RECOGNIZED FOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE
February 16, 2009
For Immediate Release

Fairfax, Vermont – Jennifer Chamberlin, 17, of Fairfax, has been honored for her exemplary volunteer service with a President’s Volunteer Service Award.

The award, which recognizes Americans of all ages who have volunteered significant amounts of their time to serve their communities and their country, was presented by The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program on behalf of the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation.  Jenn participated in the Spirit of Community program this year as a representative of Bellows Free Academy, in Fairfax, where she is a student.  Jenn is the leader of Fairfax Helping Hands, BFA’s volunteer organization.  Their group volunteers in the school and the community through senior citizen meals, food shelf support, helping with elementary activities, and they support a child in the Philippines.  Jenn has also spent some time in Nicaragua working with impoverished women.  “Helping Hands lets people in our community, who may not otherwise know it, that they are cared about.”

Sponsored by Prudential Financial in partnership with the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program recognizes young people across America for outstanding community service activities.  “The young people recognized by the Spirit of Community Awards demonstrate an enormous capacity for giving and reaching out to those in need,” said Gerald N. Tirozzi, executive director of the National Association of Secondary School Principals.  “NASSP is proud to honor them as they are wonderful examples of the high caliber of young people in our nation’s schools today.”
« : February 20, 2009, 03:02:44 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : February 21, 2009, 08:35:59 AM »

What is missing from this blurb is that Jennifer has been a child care provider for our church  during worship services since she was in 8th grade, and has responsibly shared that task with Sheleigh Smith. 

Further, she has travelled with me on three service trips to Nicaragua where she shared her talents with the women and children. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: