Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:15:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Voting Results
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Voting Results  ( 4666 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 03, 2009, 08:07:14 PM »

Andrew Parent received enough write-in votes to become Fairfax Town & Fairfax School Moderator for next year.

In regards to Selectboard results, Melissa Beerworth received an unofficial 248 votes and John Mitchell received an unofficial 338 votes.

The Town Budget passed by an unofficial vote of 469 to 146.

The School Budget passed by an unofficial vote of 406 to 209.

Approximately 622 people voted in todays Austrailian Ballot.

Henry Raymond
melissabeerworth
: 18

« #1 : March 04, 2009, 09:01:17 AM »

I want to congratulate John on his win and also thank everyone who came out to vote yesterday.  I had a great time meeting new people from town,  talking to people with concerns and hearing stories about Fairfax.  I appreciate the snacks, hot cocoas and coffees, bootwarmers and extra socks ,from old friends and new, that kept me warm and full for the 9 hours I was outside yesterday!  This is a wonderful town we live in and I will continue to participate and contribute in any capacity I can.   Thanks for all the support!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : March 04, 2009, 09:08:17 AM »

Melissa, You are to be congratulated for your persistance on an extremely cold day as you stood out there in the cold greeting people.  I was inside and wore my winter jacket inside the Old Gym, I can't begin to imagine how cold you must have gotten standing outside greeting people.  There will be other years and other opportunities for you.  I am sure people enjoyed meeting you.

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : March 04, 2009, 11:42:10 AM »

Melissa, I want to congratulate you on losing by less than 100! I think that says your message was heard by people. I remember speaking with you and you had a very positive attitude  about how this might turn out, so I feel I can congratulate you on the narrow margin.Henry is right there is time, you can try again next year for a seat on the board and build that  support base in the mean time!

All the Best

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
SusieJ
: 14

« #4 : March 04, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »

Melissa;

Great job! I have had people comment on your greeting them and how impressed they were with you. I voted at 8:30am and must have missed you???
I'm very proud of your determination and hope that you run again in the future.
Susie
sue
: 124

« #5 : March 04, 2009, 07:48:52 PM »

Melissa you really ran a great campaign and your diligence will really be appreciated in time to come.  I think that we can be constructive for the entire community when we work together in time going forward.  You are and asset for this community and I applaud your sense of wanting to affect how the town government is run.  You will definitely be a person that we will look to for advice on issues that affect those things of which you have interest.

John Mitchell 
« : March 04, 2009, 07:52:35 PM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: