Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 04:44:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Report From Bob Thompson - Volunteer
« previous next »
: [1]
: Report From Bob Thompson - Volunteer  ( 3484 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 02, 2005, 04:41:57 PM »

Henry,
I just spent five hours helping out unloading and loading stuff at the police barracks in Williston.  It's an experience you have to witness your self.  At times traffic was backed up on 89 three miles.  The generosity is overwhelming.  After five hours I was beat.  They can use a lot more help.  If anyone is interested park behind Staples.  Have a great labor day!

Bob Thompson

Henry Raymond
ssorgnad
: 17

« #1 : September 02, 2005, 05:29:06 PM »

:!: Henry,

I would also like to echo the report from Bob Thompson.  After getting to work this morning and passing out the information about the drop sites, the response was again; overwhelming!  We were able to collect $775.00 and a trip was then made to COSTCO.  A truckload of Flashlights, Batteries, Infant Supplies and Dog/Cat Food was delivered.  The 45 minutes wait to get my carload dropped off was worth it!  Bless all who are assisting our brothers and sisters in the Gulf Coast region.  

- Dan Gross
 8)

"It's all about the journey!"
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
cestreet
: 37

« #2 : September 02, 2005, 05:55:28 PM »

I drove past the sports complex in St. A this evening, and what I saw there brought tears to my eyes.  With all of the horror occuring before our eyes, seeing those mountains of diapers, water, clothing, etc. helped me to believe that it will turn around.  I urge everyone to donate supplies to this effort.  It is sure to help in a tangible way, as it is going directly where it is needed immediately.   If you have an emergency or rainy day fund, now may be the time to make a small tap into it - this is an emergency.   I actually had fun loading my grocery cart with things, imagining the relief someone will feel when they get that toothbrush and toothpaste, etc.  

Clarice Streets
: [1]  
« previous next »
: