Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:57:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Activity At The Fire & Rescue Building
« previous next »
: [1]
: Activity At The Fire & Rescue Building  ( 3169 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 01, 2009, 09:07:04 AM »

As I was going by the Fire Station on Route 104 Wednesday noticed some activity down there, so drove down in.  There was a guy there talking on his Cell Phone looking up at the Antenna.  Nobody I knew or had ever seen before.

While there I noticed the weather station with the wind propeller going like crazy.  Don't know if they have the same capability as Dave & Julie Filberti with uploading the data to the Internet, but the location is ideal especially for wind speeds as it definitely is a high wind area.

I understand that there may be a cell tower installed there and have never had a closeup view, so will have to keep my eyes open to see what it looks like.

Henry Raymond
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #1 : May 01, 2009, 10:47:58 AM »

Yes Henry as part of Emergency Management Steve has a weather station at the Fire House. I am not sure if he can upload to the net.

Fairpoint is also looking into putting a broadband tower at the station  to be part of a hub to service most of the out of village areas. They are doing studies now to see if it is a good spot or not.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 01, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »

I am assuming that Fairpoint is a wireless high speed Internet??

Henry Raymond
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #3 : May 01, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »

Yes
: [1]  
« previous next »
: