Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 04:36:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  You have mentioned smoke houses, here is a great picture w/ description.
« previous next »
: [1]
: You have mentioned smoke houses, here is a great picture w/ description.  ( 2632 )
David Shea
: 471

« : May 02, 2009, 08:22:32 AM »

Henry,

Every spring you mention the smell coming from the smokehouses in Fairfield.  Most of us have never seen a real one!  When I was a kid Frank Berardinelli paid me $5.00 per bag of shelled corn cobs to use in his smoker that was located in the store that used to be on the corner of Fletcher Road.  I sold him 5 bags and thought I was rich.  My family had borrowed a McCormick hand cranked corn sheller from Ken Barkyoumb of Westford, ( Gloria Ledeoux & Linda Mathieu's father) to shell corn to feed our animals.  Getting the shells off with this made things easy.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading about how things were done in the "old days" and have collected several books on the subject.  This particular book has lots of great pictures and descriptions of farm buildings and the uses.  I hope you enjoy it!  Thanks for helping me insert the photo.

Dave Shea

« : May 02, 2009, 08:24:16 AM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: