Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 08:49:51 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Green Up Day Photos On The Fletcher Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Green Up Day Photos On The Fletcher Road  ( 2617 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 02, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »

For a number of years now I have gone out and gotten photos of our volunteers on Green-Up Day here on the Fletcher Road.  Usually I run into people I have communicated with or heard about and it is a great opportunity for me to meet new people in town.  Our Green-Up volunteers are always such a nice group of people and today was no exception - A special thanks to them for their efforts here on the Fletcher Road which I often refer to as "My Road."  Some of the Green-Up Volunteers told me that the school was out doing Green-Up on Thursday and Friday.  When I am aware, I try to get out and take photos of them also as its nice to recognize our young people for the nice things they do, unfortunately, since I have no kids in school, my connections with what is going on are not that great unless someone tells me.  If anyone did get photos, I would be glad to put them up.

Tom Pfeiffer & Sheila MacKay are two Old Standbys that participate every year and I seem to get their photos in approximately the same area every year.

I had put up a photo from The St. Albans Messenger a few days ago of Travis Jones, and was really pleased when I asked him his name to actually meet him in person.

Travis Jones wife Susan Jones was picking up stuff on the other side of the road near the intersection of Swamp & Fletcher Road.

Three Brownies & a Daisy were very enthusiastic and told me about the different things they had found so far.

I got to meet Mike Averill

and Mary Casey who have lived in town since about 2000 if I remember right.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: