Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:38:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Best Burger Sure Doesn't Make My Mouth Water
« previous next »
: [1]
: Best Burger Sure Doesn't Make My Mouth Water  ( 3309 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 06, 2009, 06:48:12 AM »

A Burlington burger was touted by Food Network magazine.  The publication selected the ultimate burger in every state. In Vermont, it chose the hamburger is made at The Shopping Bag on North Street. The store’s burger and cheeseburger both cost $2.79, plus tax.

The photo definitely wasn't taken by any advertising firm as when you look at it, it certainly doesn't appeal to ones taste buds.  The color of the meat is blah with lettuce piled on it.  I never heard of the shopping bag, but I guess if I was up on North Street sometime and was hungry for a hamburger, it certainly would be worth a try.  I understand the place has been in business for 30 years.  Anybody ever been there??

Henry Raymond
edakrupp

« #1 : May 06, 2009, 07:38:31 AM »

I try to eat at all the 'new ' restaurants- even old ones and have never heard of the place. If I had my way I would have written up the Burger Barn- great burgers! organic local beef, topping prepared with care, only down fall is the rolls. It would jazz things up a bit if they had crustier buns, but to each his own. Burger Barn ROCKS!
« : May 06, 2009, 07:41:08 AM Henry »
tankkingvt
: 17

« #2 : May 17, 2009, 06:18:25 PM »

the store is on north street in burlington, he is one of my refrigeration accounts, great deli and a great place to catch up on anything going on in the world of sports, very nice folks
: [1]  
« previous next »
: