Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 08:40:43 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Some Different Views On The Swine Flu
« previous next »
: [1]
: Some Different Views On The Swine Flu  ( 4206 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 06, 2009, 08:31:01 AM »

On a talk show I heard one of the experts say that each year we have thousands die from the regular flu and don't have near the "Hyp" we are having now with the "Swine Flu".

A doctor on another talk show said, people who are spraying everything down with disinfectant are creating a problem for themselves and their families by not letting them develop a resistance to germs that may make them more prone to catching everything.

Needless to say, stock should be going up on all the disinfectants being sold at this time.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : May 06, 2009, 03:45:56 PM »

Took me out some pork loin chops from the freezer this morning before heading off to my coffeeless work.

mmmmmmmmmm...............can't wait for dinner!

I am going to get my swine on.
trussell
: 870

« #2 : May 06, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »

Mike, surely you have an Exxon or Mobil near by.... I'm sure they could hook you up with an excellent cup of (GMCR) coffee!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Suzy
: 429

« #3 : May 07, 2009, 09:11:08 AM »

I just got back from Mexico, where I saw a truckload of swine!  I didn't know about swine flu until I was on a plane headed back to Denver, and flying over Texas.  It was on the in flight news on CNN.  So far I don't think I've got swine flu, although people at work have had lots of laughs at my expense lately using my name and "swine," in the same sentence!  (They're a great bunch of people...really!)
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : May 07, 2009, 09:15:59 AM »

Even though it may not be any worse than our normal seasonal flu, make sure you get checked out if you don't feel well.

We love you Suzy.

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #5 : May 07, 2009, 02:05:51 PM »

Yeah Suzy, we love you and all those fabulous  videos of Mexico on Facebook! But do take care if you begin to feel ill! Plenty of fluids and rest.

The national media over does everything and creates more problems and hysteria than anything else! They all need to get a life: we really DON'T need a 24/7 news feed on multiple cable networks feeding our  fears on a diease outbreak!

Corporate America latched on to the germophobe market when it started marketing "antibacterial" EVERYTHING and paving the way for the now super bugs  like MRSA which is a resitant strain of staph, a common bacteria everyone carries on them.  Bacteria have become resistant to common antibiotics, because of several things: over use of anibiotics, not taking all of the prescibed dose (which allows for the few remaining bacteria to continue subdividing and become resistant) and the (over)use of unnecessary AB soaps and cleaners! The media acts like MRSA is something new, but it's been around for a number of  years, although probably confined to hospitals where people's immune systems are severely compromised.

Washing your hands with plain old soap and water is best. It's the friction of rubbing your hands together and the slippery nature of the soap that gets the bacteria off them and down the drain.

The flu unfortunately, is a virus and there isn't a pill that will cure it, swine or otherwise. I suspect those that contract the flu and become seriously ill with it are already immunocompromised in some manner and therefore will have a harder time fighting it. It seems rational to think that generally healthy people taking basic precautions should be fine. I really can't believe that we would ever see something again like 1918 with any disease, unless it was something that moved faster than the internet. I could of course be wrong.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: