Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:26:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fire Department Responds! Power is out.
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fire Department Responds! Power is out.  ( 3090 )
David Shea
: 471

« : May 14, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

Engine 1 & Tanker 1 were out this afternoon on King Road responding to a tree down on a power line.  The tree was an aspen about 12 inches in diameter.  The lines were down across the road and a pole was snapped off.  Later in the day I saw engine one on Tabor hill road where the power was also out.  I never knew how much our volunteer firefighters were responsible for!  Thanks guys!

Last fall I was very lucky to have a tree cutting crew come to my neighborhood to trim trees.  As a result of this hard work by VEC the lights are still on on Sam Webb Road.

Engine one is on the scene for the downed tree!

Broken Pole & Transformer a result of fallen tree!

I just noticed the grape vines on the power pole.  Picking from that vine could be an electrifying experience.
« : May 14, 2009, 01:59:46 PM David Shea »
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 14, 2009, 05:05:44 PM »

Hi Henry,
To add to David Shea's story on the downed tree, on King Rd. I was the first to come  on these power lines on my route and reported it. That was after coming on a smoking tree that had partially fallen on power lines around the corner on Nichols Rd. The lines were also arching, and sparking. I was able to alert the neighbors and get 911 called. I had to detour around the downed lines, and found many more trees down in the road I had just travelled.
Not a fun day.

Besides trees and branches being strewn around today, there were recycle bins and trash bins rolling around , and way away from their driveways.

There were childrens playsets toppled, bouncing power lines. I also saw birds flying on place, not making ground in the high winds.

I met Don Pigeon with the back hoe trying to keep the roads free of large tree limbs. I ran into the most damage on the north end of town.
A good day to stay inside out of harms way.

JoAnne
« : May 14, 2009, 05:10:12 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : May 15, 2009, 07:40:23 AM »

Thank you for the photo's.  That is right around the corner from my parents place.  The mail box pictured belongs to David Quebec.  It is so nice to be 1100 miles away and yet still feel and see the happenings of home, like I was there.  Thanks Henry..David..JoAnne.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: