Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:18:32 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  This Is The Weekend - Do Your Part & Pass Gas With Leon
« previous next »
: [1]
: This Is The Weekend - Do Your Part & Pass Gas With Leon  ( 2662 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 28, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »

Mark your calendars, because this weekend -- Oct. 1 and 2 -- it's time to Pass Gas with Leon.

Lots has happened since my last update. We're upwards of 300 people -- officially -- right now, but who really knows just how many more Pass Gasers there are out there? There are definitely more.

In case you missed it, WPTZ-5 in Plattsburgh, NY, did a story on our movement, which was later picked up and aired on New England Cable News. There are T-shirts and other things, too.

So, I've been brainstorming a way we could do something else this weekend, other than just passing gas. Here it is: I've secured permission from the good folks in St. Albans City, here in Vermont, to spend some time in Taylor Park. I'll be there with a huge banner Saturday and Sunday morning. (The banner will say, "Honk if you're passing gas!")

I'd like you to join me, if you would, and if you live in the area. I'll be there -- tentatively -- from 9 a.m. -12 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Come along, for five minutes, a half hour, the whole time. Whatever you want to do. And, if you can't make it, drive by and honk.

Wear your T-shirts if you got 'em. I will. :)

Meanwhile, I'd like you to send along any last-minute comments or gas-related stories for this week's column, if you would.

Thanks again for passing gas.

Best,
Leon Thompson
St. Albans Messenger

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 30, 2005, 10:18:41 AM »

Hey, folks.  Just got a phone call from Ben Stein at WPTZ-News Channel 5, which did a previous story on Pass Gas with Leon. Turns out a crew from the station will stop by Taylor Park Saturday morning to see what we're up to.

So...if you're not camera shy, swing on by! :)

Best,
Leon Thompson

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: