Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:32:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  St. Albans Pedestrian Struck By Car
« previous next »
: [1]
: St. Albans Pedestrian Struck By Car  ( 4145 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 22, 2009, 09:44:29 AM »

One of the reasons I don't like driving at night - Also I have seen times when certain pedestrians in St. Albans take their rights just a bit too seriously.  I don't know the situation here, but depends on the color of the clothes the pedestrian was wearing - Anyhow, the police issued their ticket.

By the way, I sure wish people wouldn't walk on the Fletcher Road after dark as you just don't see them, especially if you are meeting another car.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : May 22, 2009, 10:41:10 AM »

This pedestrian walked from around a large parked vehilce.  I know the driver and he would have stopped and let the person cross had they been seen.  I agree with Henry, to many people just walk out assuming the driver will stop and can see them (in time).

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : May 23, 2009, 03:00:50 AM »

Can we speak on the topic of bicycles?

I was at a red light, stopped well short of the crosswalk, in my vehicle, and I was hit by a bicyclist.
He wore a helmet and those obnoxious bicycle pants

He did do damage to my vehicle, minimal, but damage. Then peddled off.

As far as I am concerned, that was a hit and run.

trussell
: 870

« #3 : May 23, 2009, 12:48:03 PM »

Well, Mike, I believe bicycles are suppposed to obey the same rules as a vehicle.  So I too would think that could be considered a hit and run.  When I was in high school, a classmate got stopped for speeding- he was going downhill in a 25 mph zone (no ticket though).

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: