Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:23:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Girl Scout Troop Planting Flowers At The Caution Light Sunday Morning
« previous next »
: [1]
: Girl Scout Troop Planting Flowers At The Caution Light Sunday Morning  ( 5730 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 22, 2009, 06:36:57 PM »

Diane Coon's Girl Scout Troop will be planting flowers down at the Caution Light at the center of town.  J & L Hardware is donating dirt for the project.  This will be taking place on Sunday Morning between 8 and 10 and I will probably be down there taking some pictures of the group around 9 or so.  For those of you driving by, drive by with caution.

One of the questions when someone asks me for directions here in Fairfax, I usually ask is, "Do you know where the Caution Light is in Fairfax?"  Usually they do and the directions go on from there.

This is a great project for the troop, congratulations on your Community Activity.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : May 22, 2009, 07:03:24 PM »

Is caution light at the top of Maple Street and RTE whatever that is? 104?

In front of where the old post office was?

If that is it, Henry, please take a few pics showing the 4 angles and e-mail them to me.
----------------------------------
I ask this question about once every 3 years, but what was the name of the Postmaster that handed out caramels?
Chandler, Chet???
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : May 22, 2009, 07:14:26 PM »

It was Chandler Cooley.  I hated those candies, and politely took one and said, "thank you," almost every single day of my childhood.  I never had the heart to tell him I hate caramels.  blech...but what a nice guy!
Mike Raburn

« #3 : May 22, 2009, 07:15:54 PM »

You should have brought them to ME!
(when I was there)
Suzy
: 429

« #4 : May 22, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »

Sorry Mike, I never knew...I suffered in silence, (and so did you without even knowing about it!)
Sooz

and WAY TO GO GIRL SCOUTS!!!  YOU ROCK!
MikeF9
: 1994

« #5 : May 22, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »

I need to dig up a black and white picture I took of the island. It was before they changed things around and removed a lot of the signs that used to be on it. It was when I was doing photographs for the Fairfax News. I mentioed with all the excitement of the information superhighway that was becoming big(early 90's), Fairfax had it's own Information Island. A lot of signs have dotted that little spot.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn

« #6 : May 23, 2009, 02:41:06 AM »

My apologizes.

I hijacked this thread.

This is about GSA troop and them doing something nice for the Village..

Mike, I do remember all of the signs!

----------------

Henry,

May I suggest a "Remember This and When Forum Thread" where us from outside of the current community could post questions, comments, and ramblings of Fairfax?
I now remember where I got the name Chet from......but I want to verify it!
tfence
: 257

« #7 : May 23, 2009, 06:32:01 AM »

Mike,
Download google earth. It has a good picture of that intersection.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
: [1]  
« previous next »
: