Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:18:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Rain Doesn't Stop Girl Scouts From Their Committed Task
« previous next »
: [1]
: Rain Doesn't Stop Girl Scouts From Their Committed Task  ( 2438 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 24, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »

A group of girl scouts was hard at work this morning as they prepared a bed for some flowers in the center of Fairfax at the Caution Light.  Jeff Meunier of J & L Hardware donated some of the materials used in the project.  Their leaders, Diane Coon & Joan Kirkendoll, were working with them and each one of the young ladies was asked to tell me her name.  This actually meant a lot to me as I always like to know who I am speaking with.

This was obviously more than just teaching the girls how to plant flowers.  One of the leaders told me that the girls had asked what is our rain date and the leader said, we have none, this is it.

I almost didn't go down, presuming that because of the rain they would not be going forward with their project.  The thought passed my mind that what if I didn't go down and they planted their flowers in the rain and I didn't follow through with what I had told them I would do. Sure am glad I did.

I will stop by later and get some photos of the finished project.  One of the leaders told me, one good think about it is, "We won't have to worry about watering them."

« : May 24, 2009, 02:25:45 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: