Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:49:26 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Freeze Warning Tonight - Mow Lawns Tomorrow Or Wait Until Saturday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Freeze Warning Tonight - Mow Lawns Tomorrow Or Wait Until Saturday  ( 2925 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 25, 2009, 06:28:51 PM »

Saw lots of activity in both Sanderson & St. Luke Cemeteries this weekend.  Tonight's Freeze Warning may have an effect on all their hard work.  Hopefully someone from our little Girl Scout Troop will cover the tender flowers they planted yesterday.

Tomorrow will be our last nice day until Saturday, so I know what I will be doing tomorrow. 

Henry Raymond
Grizzlybear12
: 4

« #1 : May 25, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »

Hi Mr. Raymond,

We just got back from covering our plants at the flashing yellow light.   While we were covering our flowers someone in a red truck gave us  Girl Scouts a "thumbs-up."  Guess that means they were thinking the same thing as you.  We really enjoyed seeing your photos on line.

Thank You
Girl Scouts Troop 30-369
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 25, 2009, 09:21:22 PM »

I was hoping someone from the group would see my note - I know the heartbreak of frost - The girls and their leaders did a great job - My three girls were all in the Girl Scouts and Maryann was involved as a leader.  Of course that was many years ago.  I am sure you may have heard me say this before, but the thermometer on Howard Parsons Store, now the Foothills Bakery used to be the coldest spot in town.  The cold used to settle right down in what in the old days was known as Fairfax Hollow in the winter time.  It may not be true this time of year with the black top holding the heat, but better safe than sorry.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: