Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:29:42 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Today Is National Donut Day
« previous next »
: [1]
: Today Is National Donut Day  ( 4891 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 05, 2009, 08:07:56 AM »

Delicious times await us on Friday, otherwise known as National Donut Day. This isn't one of those made-up holidays, either: The day started back in 1938 as a fundraiser for the Chicago Salvation Army, and it's been going strong ever since.

Dunkin' Donuts is marking the day by offering customers a free donut of their choice with the purchase of any beverage. The chain also plans to announce the winner of its "Create Dunkin's Next Donut" contest tomorrow. The winner will have his/her donut sold at Dunkin' Donuts locations. (It looks like the sm'OREO donut is in the lead.)

Over at Krispy Kreme, you can grab a free donut with no purchase necessary. Sweet!

Happy eating, though watch out for that sugar crash ...

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : June 05, 2009, 09:25:11 AM »

After just seeing the pic of the bird with projectile poop, I'll be passing on ANY donut today. Free or not!
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : June 05, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »

Guess I'd better head to Krispy Kreme!

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #3 : June 05, 2009, 10:29:33 AM »

Good luck  - the nearest without going to Canada is in New York.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
edakrupp

« #4 : June 06, 2009, 06:55:07 AM »

So what is the difference between a krispy Kreme and a duncan? Under a blind test what charater stands out the most? Any answers?
MikeF9
: 1994

« #5 : June 06, 2009, 08:12:22 AM »

Krispy Kremes stay fresher longer. A Dunkin" Donut dries out quickly.
I wish Tim Horton's would open up down here. If you are ever up in Canada, stop in and see what I mean. They quash KK and DD like a grape. Donuts, muffins, bagels, good stuff.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
trussell
: 870

« #6 : June 06, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »

So what is the difference between a krispy Kreme and a duncan? Under a blind test what charater stands out the most? Any answers?

I believe the major difference between Krispy Kreme and Dunkin is that one of them is a yeast doughnut, while the other is a cake doughnut.  I can't remember which is which though.

-Trevor

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : June 07, 2009, 01:08:29 AM »

I think the Krispies must be cake dough.

There is no Krispie Cream here in Anchorage but they do sell them for fundraisers up here.

We had a client come up from Seattle and he brought some that he had bought the previous day.
They were okay, nothing to get excited about.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: