Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 01:34:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  What Has It Been Like Without Steeple Market The Past 6 Months??
« previous next »
: [1]
: What Has It Been Like Without Steeple Market The Past 6 Months??  ( 4762 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 22, 2009, 03:26:52 PM »

Ok, I am collecting comments as to what it is like without The Steeple Market for the last 6 months.  To make it easier for those who are not registered and want to participate, I will put my e-mail address here and you can e-mail me your comments.  For those of you who want to comment on line, you can respond to this post:

vtgrandpa@yahoo.com

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : June 22, 2009, 05:19:31 PM »

I used to stop in at least 5 times a week. On Sundays, I used to get the Boston Globe.
It was real handy to go down and get some last minute thing. Also, not sure what you want for lunch or supper, you could always stop in and see what they were making for the daily meals.
Funny. As I type this, I can see myself at the deli counter and remember how everything looked. The pizza boxes stacked up, waiting to be filled. The salad bar. All the meats and cheeses. Mary at the front counter.
Sorry, I'm rambling.
The place was so convenient. You do miss it.

Also, I could walk down with the gas can for the lawn mower and fill it. Also, the tank for the gas grill. Now I have to exchange it somewhere else instead of having it filled. That costs double what it used to be just to have it filled.

We have gotten used to it not being there. It will be nice to have it back.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
BrettMichaud
: 37

Hello Faifax

« #2 : June 22, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »

Wheretobegin...... Oh, but of course, the beggining! Christmas Eve08, me, my girlfriend, and our adopted cat Millie are sharing our first Christmas together as our tiny family. Evrything was stirring with the strobe of red white and blue screaming bye our apartment. Not thinking anything, we fell asleep with visions of sugarplums, and good tidings of the following day. So the next morning instead of us waking up to the breakfast I had planned, we arose to about 10 missed calls all with voice mails on our cell phone.  Fearing something bad had happened to a family member we instantley starting checking voicemails. Most of them were from my girlfriends younger brother who was a witness at the scene. So we got our coats and shoes on and drove down the hill to check out the scenario, which was much worse than we had anticipated.......
  Do you know the phrase, " You never know what you've got until its gone"? Well most people who have been through the many trails and errors of life know of this. Anyways back to my point ..... We were always avids customers of the Steeple Market, and I must admit that there were times when we would go there and complain to our inner monolauge that the store never had specifically what we were looking for at the time. Shame on me I say to myself now for being a spoiled-brat consumer!
  I must say now, after not having the Steeple Market here for 6 months, that it was a thriving center for our community. Shopping center, meeting place, and most of all sacred landmark. Currently the new steeple market is being constructed, and I hope I am not the only one excited about it. The same store that I used to secretly not be as satisfied as a customer, I am anticipating. Not to knock on any of the other surronding businesses, for they do a superb job, and I am always glad to give them my business! However the Steeple Market was much more than a store to most individuals. In a way it was the symbol of our beautiful little town, steeple standing as hig as our standards of living do..... Thank you , Brett Michaud
special ED

« #3 : June 22, 2009, 06:01:01 PM »

could take it or leave it ,minors are more friendly
Cat

« #4 : June 22, 2009, 07:24:05 PM »

My family & I loved Steeple market & shopped there almost daily. Their prime rib dinners were the best & my husband loved their pizza. Also the slushie machine they had gotten a few months before was loved by my daughters.  : )

It was a quick walk from our house on Michelle Rd & we would often walk there on a sunny afternoon. The people were always friendly & nice. We cannot wait until they get done rebuilding & they will once again have us as loyal customers.

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : June 23, 2009, 07:22:19 AM »

Hi Henry,
There are many reasons to miss Steeple Market.  Sunday morning Dunkin Donuts, the smell of prime rib cooking on Thursday afternoons, the steak and seafood choices, the truckload sales, visiting with neighbors while you wait for your pizza or subs, finding that last minute item that you need, the commute (at least for me) and of course Mary and the kids friendly faces. What I miss the most are the nights I didn't feel like cooking I knew I could send Chris down for a home-made meal that would be delicious.

Submitted By Terri Santee

Henry Raymond
JoeT
: 100

« #6 : June 23, 2009, 07:46:24 AM »

Sum it up in three words..... A Major Inconvenience

There were many weeks where Brenda and I could skip the "Hannaford's Run" and just go to Steeple for whatever we needed.
Getting gas was always easier at Steeple than Minors or Nan's, just plain easier to get in and out....parking is better, too.

Customer service wise no one beats Nan's, Steeple was just "OK."

When Steeple re-opens I'll be there with bells on, and an empty propane tank !

Joe
Cat

« #7 : June 23, 2009, 09:06:52 AM »

I agree about the down home cooking. Neither of the two other stores in town can match what steeple had for their cooked meals.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: